PDA

View Full Version : Fairytale

handeme
04-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning everyone,

I am thinking of doing a Fairytale theme that will run for two months because of all the options of tales we can follow.

I am just planning activities and I wondered if any of you had any ideas/experiences of activities that you have done which have worked really well.

I have things from sensory play with dried beans for jack and the beanstalk to baking gingerbread men for The gingerbread man.

The ages of the children are 7 months to 6 years x

sarah707
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
What are the children's favourite fairy tales? Sit down with them and involve them in discussions about stories they like / dislike and why... that's the best way to start a new theme.

Then choose one they all like and read it a few times, put together an interest box or bag with appropriate resources to enhance the book... then involve the children in choosing more activities they can explore around the subject.

We have a book of the week - I find a week is about as long as their attention will last - but we interweave it with continuous provision (our normal resources) and follow the children's interests at the same time.

Hth :D

jadavi
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
We regularly do three little pigs role play with our soft play cushions and take turns beingthe big Bad wolf .... With the exception of wandering around with a torch in the darkness this is probably their absolute fave thing!!