PDA

View Full Version : advice on what I should do plz?

Belly2009
03-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi
Ive got a child who attends for 12 hours for 2 weeks and then 16 hours for 2 weeks.

Ive found out recently that a parents work hours are changing after hearing this on the local news. When I asked the parents if this affected them they said yes but its all up in the air and couldnt confirm anything to me. They came back and said they wanted 2 hours per day (child is under 5) but couldnt tell me when this would start. Reminded them of the notice of change period politly. I didnt really want to carry on with these hours as it takes up my last under 5 space.

I received a message after asking if there has been an update. Parent is now doing opposite hours to what they requested and have an appeal nxt week. If this doesnt go according to plan parent will have to leave as they are both shift workers.

Im now at a complete loss as to what to do or say....any ideas x

VeggieSausage
03-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I would wait and find out what is happening, you can't really plan until they know what is happening....

sarah707
03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
I think you are going to have to wait and see - are you advertising the space just in case you lose the child?

I'd put a few feelers out and see if anyone is out there - like you say, 2 hours a day for your last EYFS space really isn't enough they'd be better with someone who doesn't mind a bit extra work rather than you who needs the space filled.

Hugs xx

Belly2009
03-01-2013, 09:39 PM
This has been going on since beginning of December. I''ve started advertising but like Sarah says I don't think the child will benefit from me for only 2 hours per week. Not only that but the parents aren't being honest with me. This latest turn came after they asked if I could do additional hours last week to help them out.