PDA

View Full Version : School pick ups - do you charge from when you leave to pick up

janminder
03-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi All, Happy New year.

Just wondering if it is the norm to charge from the time you leave the house to pick up from school. I have never done this I have always charged from the school finish time. I do not want to put my hourly rate up so thought I could add to my income by charging when I leave to pick up my schoolies wouldnt be a lot but would help.

Carol-Ann Woods
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I charge from when I leave the house to pick up at school or nursery and until I get back in the house if I'm dropping any children off.

The way I see it is, I can't be doing anything else if I'm making my way to and from school/nursery, I have also considered charging a bit extra time and taking into account the time it takes to get the kids ready to go out to do the pickups and when we get back in again from the drops offs...!

FussyElmo
03-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I dont but I dont feel that I can as I have to go and collect my children anyhow :thumbsup:

loocyloo
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I used to, as school finished at 3.10 & 3.20 and it was easier to charge from 3pm

school now finishes at 3.30 and so thats when i charge from, although i am thinking that should i take any new schoolies on, i will charge from 3.15, or maybe, charge a set afterschool fee... will depend upon the enquiry i think! ;) ( i may charge from 3.15, but offer a 'set' fee until 5.30pm )

funemnx
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I used to charge to 8.45 and from 3.15 which are our school hours but now I charge to 9.00 and from 3.00 mainly because it's easier to work out the hours but also because these things are never precise!

janminder
03-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Still trying to decide. I wouldnt charge after dropping off in mornings as I normally go off somewhere even if its getting food shopping but the afternoon is a trip I would'nt have to do and means getting littlies ready. Oh decisions decisions.

jillplum
04-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I only charge by the hour ie no half hours etc so I round mine up to the next hour and this covers travel time.

hectors house
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
If I was taking and collecting my own children then I wouldn't charge for the travelling times as I would be going anyway - but it making a special trip then I would charge from when I left home to pick up and from when I got home when dropping off.

izzy23
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
I only charge by the hour ie no half hours etc so I round mine up to the next hour and this covers travel time.

Me too, I've always charged by the full hour, no part charges, that said if a school finished at 3pm and you had to leave your house at say 2.30pm I'd consider charging for that. Also I dont charge per hour for wrap around care, i charge a set fee for morning or afternoon session, discounted if both sessions used and this fee is variable depending on how many days per week the contract was.

leeanne910
04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I do sessional rates for before and after school between my working hours

Littleglees
04-01-2013, 04:12 PM
I charge £5 for morning run and the same for the evening run, Sare x

janminder
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks for replies, so as school is a special trip I dont think charging for just 15mins extra should be much of a problem. I have five school children two are only twice a week, one three times, one four times and one five times so wont be much for each parent but can make a difference to me.

Heres the maths - add them all up makes 16, so 16 lots of 15mins = 4 hours extra money a week:)