PDA

View Full Version : Self Registration ideas

Ballette
03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Has anybody got any ideas for a nice self registration board we can use? My mindees are only littlees (12 months and 22 months)

karensmart4
03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
We use a magnetic board, I bought some .......I don't know what you call them :blush:......oblong, see through things that you put photos in and they have a magnet on the back, from Baker Ross... I put a photo of the child and their name in each of these and they move them from into the 'These Children Are Here Today' section of the board when they arrive and move them back behind the line when they leave.

The older children only have their name on theirs.... 3yrs plus or once they recognise their name :D

Clear as mud I know .... sorry:blush: but I hope you get the gist of what I mean.

LauraS
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
What about something like this:

IWBResources (http://www.communication4all.co.uk/http/IWB%20Resources.htm)

They are strictly speaking for the interactive white board, but I've printed the background and laminated it (we have the snowman one at the moment, as we're doing Winter). Then print the little snowmen off - you can copy, paste and resize so they are bigger for less children, mine are about twice the size. Stick a velcro strip to the background and velcro *** to the back of each snowman and away you go.

I've done the same thing with kids faces on before now too - with elves and kids photos as the face of the elf. Might be more visual for the baby? Toying with doing the background as a photo of my house, with a full length photo of each child to register with, too.

Ballette
03-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks Karen and Laura. Some ideas to look into there :idea:

blue bear
03-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I drew a house and laminated it then stuck Velcro ***s and stuck them on the windows and roof. On a blank sheet of laminated paper are more ***s, with photos of the children also laminated with ***s on, the chikdren move their photo to the house when they arrive.

sarah707
03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
I have a laminated 'welcome' sheet in different languages - and photos of the children.

I bought some velcro ***s and we put up photos of who is here every day when they arrive :D

Why on earth is d o t starring out?? :huh: :laughing:

loocyloo
03-01-2013, 09:37 PM
I have an A4 display/focus board from PTS that I put velcro strips on. I laminated photos & separate names. The younger children find just their photo, older ones add their name, schoolies sometimes just use their name.
Since doing this for one term, my just 3 yr old can find his name, not just out of all names in pot, but from a selection of similar names & words!

Richard
04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Not sure. Just looking at why velcro dots is not appearing.

I have a laminated 'welcome' sheet in different languages - and photos of the children.

I bought some velcro ***s and we put up photos of who is here every day when they arrive :D

Why on earth is d o t starring out?? :huh: :laughing:

Richard
04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Seems okay now? Sorry about that!