PDA

View Full Version : Phil and Teds E3 double with the Lascal Maxi Buggyboard???

samb
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I have had a look at previous posts and seen that it is possible to use a buggyboard on a phil and teds. I have been asked to change the hours for a family and it means 1 day a week I would be having 1 of the siblings on a variation so would have children aged 3, 20 months (the variation) plus 2 just turned 1. The 2 youngest would be in the buggy and the 3 year old has been walking school runs with me for over a year. I would only be walking 1 school run with the 20 month old and only collect my 2 from school that day who can carry their own things etc. I have stupidly agreed with Mum to the change of hours without trying out the buggy board. She wants it to change from feb so I have time if I need to change my mind. So how practical is it to have the buggy board on? I realise in the wind and rain it will be difficult but I am more thinking about how is it to push and how does it fit? Oh dear...

Katiekoo
02-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Hi, it does work, I wouldn't attempt long walks because its going to be heavy and I found I had o walk with my arms extended, but it's alright for short stints, children who hop on and off and for tired legs! I've always struggled to manoeuvre if you need to go backwards! It's not a bad solution though, can you try it out with the little ones you have now? I bought mine 2nd hand, it's fine. Hth, :)

rachelle
02-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I've found it works quite well. The child is fairly sheltered between you and the buggy and a set of waterproof trousers and top sort out the rain problem :)

samb
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Ok thanks guys- need to replace inner tube on front tyre as I keep getting flat tyre and so have been using other buggy. Will sort it out - I suppose I could put a child in front seat and attach second seat with no one in and then put him on buggy board to try it out? Yes I imagine it would be heavy but I suppose once a week wouldn't be too bad. I have had buggy board on a side by side before so have the buggy board and extenders etc. will get wheel fixed and have a go