PDA

View Full Version : Winter animals

Tink
02-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Our first topic of 2013 is Winter. Does anyone know where I can buy some winter Animals from? I'm wanting plastic ones like farm animals. I've looked on EBay and Amazon etc but they don't have any.

loocyloo
02-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Our first topic of 2013 is Winter. Does anyone know where I can buy some winter Animals from? I'm wanting plastic ones like farm animals. I've looked on EBay and Amazon etc but they don't have any.

i found a polar bear on ebay New AAA 'Smiley' medium scale solid plastic arctic animal figure POLAR BEAR 9cm | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-AAA-Smiley-medium-scale-solid-plastic-arctic-animal-figure-POLAR-BEAR-9cm-/130611368549?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item1e690b5265)
they also have penguins & walrus Used ELC AAA xmas stocking filler plastic toy figure lot of 4x POLAR ANIMALS | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-ELC-AAA-xmas-stocking-filler-plastic-toy-figure-lot-of-4x-POLAR-ANIMALS-/140895522784?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item20ce070fe0)

i got mine 20 years ago from ELC ;)

Maza
02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I have loads of the schleich animals. You can get them online or at the Early Learning Centre or any big toys shop. They are fab and very realistic. You can get 10% off at ELC if you have your childminder card (just take along your reg certificate and they will give you a card). If you look on Sparklebox there are some nice pictures too. x

catminder
02-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Have you tried looking in your local library? There are some lovely books with animals that I got from mine.:thumbsup:

RuthJ
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
This is our topic too :) My mum-in-law kept all of my hubby's Britains animals which includes Polar bears, penguins, sea lions which has saved me a few pennies!

Thanks for the tip about ELC discount - I didn't know that!

x

bunyip
02-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I have loads of the schleich animals. You can get them online or at the Early Learning Centre or any big toys shop. They are fab and very realistic. You can get 10% off at ELC if you have your childminder card (just take along your reg certificate and they will give you a card). If you look on Sparklebox there are some nice pictures too. x

Does anyone have any up to date information/advice on Sparklebox? the last time I checked, our LA and local NCMA were still strongly advising against using it, and most local schools are still boycotting/avoiding it too.

Is anyone out there in the know? :huh:

Greengrass74
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have any up to date information/advice on Sparklebox? the last time I checked, our LA and local NCMA were still strongly advising against using it, and most local schools are still boycotting/avoiding it too.

Our LA also advices against using Sparklebox. Not sure what the latest is regarding the owners of the website, but we don't use them, there are plenty of other sites offering good resources which we use instead.

Regarding winter animals, what about your local toy library, if you have one, ours has some great animals.

FussyElmo
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Our LA says its okay for us to use it and the local schools have all gone back to it :thumbsup:

loocyloo
02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Our LA says its okay for us to use it and the local schools have all gone back to it :thumbsup:

same here.

although i do use a number of resource sites as well!