PDA

View Full Version : well back to normal then today

vdubnut
02-01-2013, 07:25 AM
:( I'm gutted to be back working today ..... Don't get me wrong I've missed the kids - some more than others but I would have very much preferred to have won the lottery and not had to return . Oh well here's to working hard again all year !

Happy new year everyone

Daisy De
02-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Every year I return to work on the 2nd January and always wish I had taken just one more day off so when everyone else is going back I know I have one more day. Well this year I took that extra day and yes I feel a little bit smug :D

christine e
02-01-2013, 07:50 AM
back to work today for me also. Got one school age and one three year old so planning on getting out to a country park to feed ducks and squirrels :)

kel1983
02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Back to work for me to. But still waiting for lo to arrive. Been up an hour house tidied and hoping I herd mum correct when she told me which day she would be back. Next one is due at 10

FussyElmo
02-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Oh you poor things - luckily its a 3 day working week to ease you back in:thumbsup:

loocyloo
02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
:( I'm gutted to be back working today ..... Don't get me wrong I've missed the kids - some more than others but I would have very much preferred to have won the lottery and not had to return . Oh well here's to working hard again all year !

Happy new year everyone

happy new year and enjoy the day!

DS has just seen your avatar and wants to know what your camper is called !!!

dusky777
02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Back to work for me to. But still waiting for lo to arrive. Been up an hour house tidied and hoping I herd mum correct when she told me which day she would be back. Next one is due at 10

me too!! so frustrating...could have had a extra day off my my girls!!:(

helena_j
02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
I am back today too and wished I had taken until next Monday off! None of our usual activities are back up and running until next week either:-(

gegele
02-01-2013, 09:37 AM
ssssoooooo suffering today...sooo tired, sooo cold!!!

I don't want to work!! my kids were still asleep when mindees arrived :( Ds who had bad night, woke up with a sad face: "mummy i woke up because XYZ is too loud!"

I don't want to work today, or tommorrow

harleyrider
02-01-2013, 10:06 AM
I've closed until Monday :-)
So my own lo's and I are on a go-slow...but need to get my CM head on, new parent visit later.

TAZ
02-01-2013, 10:19 AM
I was supposed to be working today but LO off sick - so just my own 4 to look after!

mushpea
02-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I was going back today but realised as most of my mindees are term time only I woldnt have anyone anyway so working tomoro then got a long weekend till monday when I am back full time, in the holidays at the moment I only work mondays and thursdays.

vdubnut
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Well lucky you enjoy what's left of it :)

SYLVIA
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm back today too but have been looking at the calender for next 2 xmases and I'm definately booking extra days next 2 years and going back in the 2nd week of January.

TNT
02-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Back to normal (kind of) for me too. Looking after 6 year old and her 4 year old sister today, along with my own 3 boys. Just asked them if they wanted to play some card games that I had planned but they said no, we are playing Peter Pan with the role play clothes, so I have taken my cue and am having a coffee in the kitchen and a nosey on here while the 2 littlest ones are asleep.
Are going to head out into the garden when little ones wake up and thats our limit today :D It is too cold and too wet to go too far.

catminder
02-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm back today as well but just got one schoolie so not too hectic. Busier tomorrow but not back to school until next Tuesday so lots of craft activities planned to keep us busy.
X Alison

melco
02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I am not back until Monday but all of my mindees except one are term time.

Other childminders have been shocked that I have taken 2 weeks off but I just want to have some time with my girls and for them to have my full attention. At the moment they are quiet doing their Lego friends which I am going to help them with and then we are going to watch a film snuggled up on the sofa x

Ripeberry
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm not back until next Wednesday but we have a few of the girls friends over so its like CM but not being paid for it :rolleyes:

samb
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I started back today too. I had barely done any paperwork over my time off in fact all I had done was - sort out some registers, update my timetable as I have a new one starting tomorrow and then another new one starting after half term and the siblings I have do different times in holidays so made up all 3 new lots of timetables and did a sheet for my 2013 plan which has on it term dates, festivals I plan to cover, birthdays of mindees and any other important dates such as when a child is entitled to EYFE or starts school. Well, the siblings came today and Mum asked me to change their hours! So actually a lot of what I did do needs to be done again anyway! Luckily I don't work Fridays at the moment and so I am only working today and tomorrow then have a long weekend before back to school runs next week.

lynncjt
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
The 2nd is a Holiday as well up in Scotland so not back until tomorrow and then only 1 child and no children on Friday. Reality will kick in on Monday with 3 under 5's and Nursery and School runs!