PDA

View Full Version : Too much stop/start this week - motivation help please

hectors house
31-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas, I had 13 for Xmas Day and am still exhausted, that was after I had invited about 20 neighbours in for mulled wine and mince pies and since then invited all my family round again for drinks for my birthday over weekend.

I am finding it hard to kick start myself back into a work mindset after working Friday then putting everything away, then getting it all out today knowing that as we have people coming for New year meal tonight that everything has to go away again - then out again Wednesday - then I have every Thursday off, then need to get it all out again Friday - then I'm off on holiday ski-ing for a week.

I don't know if it is just because I'm out of routine or post Xmas and birthday blues but I'm absolutely exhausted and lacking motivation- I haven't anything planned to do with children this week, I haven't cleaned the house since before Xmas, I don't know how I can make a fish pie for tea tonight when children aren't going til 5, I don't know what I'm wearing to the New Year's eve party we are going to after the meal, and am not at all enthusiastic about going ski-ing - can someone please give me a HUGE kick up the backside, as at the moment chocolate and tears are looking likely!

VeggieSausage
31-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I think you are exhausted and need some space for yourself, don't put any more pressure on yourself. Don't get everything out for children this week, they can survive on little (you know what I mean) - go out for a long muddy walk with children this week and keep them out of the house. Easy food for the kids, and get a takeaway tonight, no reason why you have got to cook. Does all the stuff have to be put away again? can't you leave some out? I really feel for you I felt like this after christmas too, totally knackered and over emotional xxxx tell you family you are exhausted and could someone give you a hand before you combust xxxx

sarah707
31-12-2012, 10:48 AM
give yourself a hug - I think you need one more than a kick! xx

Roseolivia
31-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Just think of your lovely week skiing. I'm working Wed pm and all day Thursday then back to normal Monday. I'm kinda looking forward to getting back working but have enjoyed this last week of our home being ours but am just thinking of our ski holiday last week of JAn:clapping:

hectors house
31-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Thank you for your kind words, I have delegated dog walking today to my daughter, going to try to make start on fish pie while children having a nap (unless being at home with parents has ruined that routine), one friend coming tonight used to be a childminder and knows my house well, but another couple coming are friends of theirs and haven't been to my house before - although we have been for meal at their house (and it is a beautiful immaculate farm house) so am just hoping that my Xmas decorations hide the dust!

I need to stop inviting people - but if I don't do it no-one else does it instead - I did tell my husband yesterday that I am not organising my 50th birthday party in 2 years time.

The Juggler
31-12-2012, 11:37 AM
too much entertaining hon. next year, you do one evening/event then get yourself invited to other people's.;)

enjoy the skiing :)