PDA

View Full Version : cruise recommendation?

jadavi
30-12-2012, 12:54 AM
My hubby and I are interested in maybe doing a cruise around Europe off season, well early summer really. - greek islands? We'd like one with good food, maybe a spa and gym and fun entertainments, preferably adults only (I miss the children when i see children!!)
Any tried and tested recommemndations or any to defo stay away from ???

Much appreciated.

jillplum
30-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I have done a couple of cruises with my teens. If you go on cruisecritic.co.uk there is loads of info on the boards. I was completely hooked when looking ofr a cruise.

mrs coops
31-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi me and dh went on a cruise for our honeymoon and it was fantastic there was loads to do on bored. We were on oceana which is p and o and done Spain Portugal and France def worth going on Hun x

pinky33
31-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I do a lit of cruising,mostly Disney Cox I love the standard. But have also enjoyed royal carribean. Just search people's reviews online as it's a great indicator. I'm off on two this year, you won't regret it as it's a very relaxing holiday.

pinky33
31-12-2012, 09:51 PM
You say adults only,in my experience most ships have excellent adult only areas. Ironically it's the Disney ships where we notice less kids because the kid clubs are so fantastic (even open at night just for adults to try out making flubber etc), also on most ships we've been on the kids are collected from dinner by the club staff. It helps if yo know if you want classic ship elegance or something modern. As for spas and stuff all cruise ships have the same spas because there is only one spa contractor.

jadavi
31-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks pinky. I think there's something so scary about committing yourself to a boat for seven days....

margaret
01-01-2013, 09:56 AM
We went on an a adults only Royal carribean cruise ,absolutely wonderful cruise but hadnt realised until on board majority of couples were gay,main swimming pool was for this very large party,we didnt have any problems with this ,but a lot of people did and loads of complaints.

jadavi
02-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Good point _ not the gay thing so much but mayb e adult only would be lots of stag hen party type groups which would be loud. I think I'd prefer children to that.

We would only want a week. Has anyone had a brilliant week and where did you go ?

pinky33
02-01-2013, 08:12 AM
It must depend on what cruise line you sail with. I'm one of the gay's and Did notice some on our cruises. Royal carribean had friends of Dorothy meetings every day.Disney had nothing of the sort lol.

I've noticed on port stops that Thompson ships look like Butlins on the sea's and the people getting off Did seem very "party".
my sister loves to go with carnival as they as really known as party ships,so we avoid these as we like adult and sufistication. Carnival and Royal Caribbean do promote themselves to us of the rainbow variety,but I guess even gay's need a vacation.

jadavi
02-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks. Maybe Disney is actually the most peaceful then! Are they the priciest?

Where did you visit on your cruise Pinky and did you enjoy it all?

pinky33
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM
My first was a disney transatlantic (westbound ), on this were visited Madeira,Gibraltar, Tortola, St martean and castaway Cay (Disney's private island)
done a few Bahamas.
Last year Did royal Caribbean Med, we stopped at barcelona-cannes-civitevechia-livorno.
In June first were doing Disney magic 7 night Med, barcelona-sea day-villefranche-laspezia-civitavechia-naples-sea day.

Yes Disney is a bit more money but if I'm truly honest I think it's unbeatable service. I like that unless it's picture time there are no charectors and you wouldn't know it's Disney. The shows are excellent and best of all the bathrooms have a bath which quite frankly is unheard of. The staterooms are much bigger also.

jadavi
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks Pinky wow! I didnt realise Disney actually have their own island!!

jadavi
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
It seems we have to fly to another country to get the Disney cruises?