PDA

View Full Version : help with wording for dog on childcare please

mushpea
29-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I want to put on my website and childcare profile somthing along the lines of ' the children are never left alone with the dog as although he is very good with the children I want to ensure the childrens saftey' but I cant decide if this is sounding like my dog eats the children lol,, how can I word this better please

bunyip
29-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Could you perhaps say the children are always supervised with the dog so they don't get too rough and provoke it cos dogs will react defensively if mistreated, even if unintentionally?

Or could you say it's for hygiene purposes - ie. handling the animal or being licked by it. ???
:)

lizduncan72
29-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I've said we have had our dog since she was a puppy and she is very gentle with and tolerant of small children however they will not be left alone with her. Didn't put any more because couldn't think how to phrase it either!!!

QualityCare
29-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I have in my information/policy folder ' we own a dog who is a part of our family and has been brought up around children he is used to them coming and going however no child is left alone with him and new children are constantly watched if he is around them until they are both comfortable around each other, he does spend most of the day in his basket away from the children.' Feel free to use some, part or none of this.

Carol-Ann Woods
29-12-2012, 07:07 PM
This is what I have in mine...

7 – PETS/ANIMALS

It is my belief that children can learn a lot from caring for an animal but certain rules must be followed to ensure the safety of all the children in my care.

Children must respect animals and learn to treat them with care:-

• They must wash their hands after handling any animal and I will explain to them why they are washing their hands – (our dog Boss loves being rubbed/stroked gently).
• They will be taught that not every animal is friendly and that they should always ask the pet’s owner if they can touch them.
• The garden will be checked every day before the children go out to play and during play to ensure that Boss hasn’t fouled in it.

scottishlass
29-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I want to put on my website and childcare profile somthing along the lines of ' the children are never left alone with the dog as although he is very good with the children I want to ensure the childrens saftey' but I cant decide if this is sounding like my dog eats the children lol,, how can I word this better please

I think most parents will jsut be happy in the knowledge that although you know your dog is gentle etc you will still supervise at all times as you have put it above :)