PDA

View Full Version : Steam Mop for Wooden Floors?

Rosy Days
28-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi all, I really want to buy a steam cleaner, my floors are wood though and I am unsure whether I can use one on a wooden floor. Does anyone use one on this type of flooring and if so which one?
Many thanks :) x

migimoo
28-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I've just bought one and am not overly impressed with it tbh.....I use it on lino and tiles and doesn't clean it as well as I hoped...i'm sure someone else will be on to advise you better on the wood part though.

cathtee
28-12-2012, 05:43 PM
There was something about steam mops on here not long ago, I bought a £35 one from asda and used it on my kitchen laminate and it
was fine and used it on lino I thought I got them clean using the floor wipes how wrong was I.

Most said they use it on laminate so I used it on mine and will carry on doing so.:thumbsup:

karensmart4
28-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I bought one but it says you can only use it on sealed flooring, ceramic tiles and lino..... so it's fine for wooden floors as long as they are sealed.

karen m
28-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I got mine from Asda and it is fine on wooden floors

Rosy Days
29-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Ok great, thanks for the replies, think I will get one :) x

bluechair84
29-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I've got a steam mop and wooden floors. the only real difference I notice is that the floors are dry almost instantly which is great when I want to give the floor a quick clean before they all arrive in the mornings.

:)