PDA

View Full Version : how to amuse children when theres a big age gap

mushpea
27-12-2012, 09:18 PM
My two are now young teenagers and my mindees who come in the holidays are 2.5yrs and 1yr old, so where do you take children of such age gaps,, we used to go to the woods to den build or go to the parks neither of which my eldest enjoy anymore and my youngest has out grown parks although still enjoys the woods, I am happy to leave them alone for short periods but not happy to go to far from home because i may need to get back to them and dont have a car at the moment.
the 2.5yrold dosent have a clue how to play with out an older child there telling him what to do and how to play with it! he only comes twice a week and is always happy to do what the others want to do and when I give him the choice he goes with what the older one wants and when I ask him if he wants to do somthig differnt he dosent so when the older one isnt here (term time only) he's lost and will just sit on his bottom pushin a car back and forth staring in to space because at home the tv is on all day for him so he dosent have to thing for himself, anyway this makes him hard work when he's not got another child of the same age or older to play with so Im thinking getting out and about with excersise and fresh air is the way to go.
so how can I amuse two young children but keep the older ones happy too.

cathtee
28-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Have you a farm or zoo near you, I took my 2 to the zoo in the winter and they really enjoyed it, it's quieter and the animals behave
defferent,

loocyloo
28-12-2012, 08:19 PM
i was going to suggest some long walks, duck feeding, dinosaur spotting? ( you would be AMAZED at the dinosaurs we see :laughing: )

how about some baking or pizza making?

good luck x