PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Self Assessment form

Jenna
27-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Can someone please help my mind has gone totally blank. I've completed the rest of the pack but have missed out one box and just haven't got a clue what to write. I work by myself and have no staff.

4. Emotional and Technical support from staff
. People receive care from relaxed staff ale to cope with more complex demands without becoming stressed or resentful
. People with complex needs receive skillful care
. People have good interactions with staff and feel enhanced well-being as a result.

:panic:

TAZ
27-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Hi, I haven't filled in this version of the form, so am not sure what's covered in other sections.

You could take 'staff' in a very general context as other people you come into contact with regarding a particular child or your childminding generally. Therefore include interactions with parents, other childminders (childminding forum), children's centers, playgroup leaders, teachers, NCMA...
Hope that gives you some ideas

I guess I really should complete the self assessment form myself - another job to add to the TO DO list :rolleyes:

Cariad
27-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm filling mine in at the moment too :(

The advice I have for that question is how you ensure that you can meet the needs of the children i.e. gathering info about them before they start and making sure that you can adapt to their changing needs - say how you do this, observation, obtaining resources etc.
Also, how do you interact with parents, listening to any concerns they have, working in partnership with them.

I take it that as you are working by yourself, you are the staff.

Hope this helps

sarah707
28-12-2012, 10:03 AM
You are your staff - so talk about how you support them :D

sarah707
28-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi, I haven't filled in this version of the form, so am not sure what's covered in other sections.

Taz, the member is Welsh so the questions are very different from ours in England.

Your answer was good though! :clapping:

manjay
28-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Can someone please help my mind has gone totally blank. I've completed the rest of the pack but have missed out one box and just haven't got a clue what to write. I work by myself and have no staff.

4. Emotional and Technical support from staff
. People receive care from relaxed staff ale to cope with more complex demands without becoming stressed or resentful
. People with complex needs receive skillful care
. People have good interactions with staff and feel enhanced well-being as a result.

:panic:

Each time it mentions 'people' replace with 'children' and then explain how you meet each point and how you measure the outcomes:thumbsup:

TAZ
28-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Taz, the member is Welsh so the questions are very different from ours in England.

Your answer was good though! :clapping:

Thank you for pointing this out to me otherwise I would have been confused when I finally got round to doing mine - still on the to do list!