PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training Question

Rosy Days
27-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Hello, hope you have all had a good xmas x

I just wanted to ask a question with regard to potty training. My ds is 2.5years and whilst I am off over xmas I've been trying to potty train him. He seems 'get it' and has gone over and sat on the potty without prompting and done his business, we have obviously had lots of accidents as well, but I expect that.

The thing is he seems to be piddling every 10 minutes or so, it seems that no sooner has he piddled and I've cleaned it up, he is doing another one and my question is, do you think his bladder isn't mature enough yet and is unable to hold on and should I leave it a few more weeks? My dd was potty trained by this age but I can't remember having the same problem. Shall I keep trying or just come back to it in a few weeks, what would you in inclined to do?

Thanks x

sarah707
27-12-2012, 09:50 AM
One of the indicators for potty training readiness is an ability to hold it in for a short time - and to be dry for a good stretch between wees.

It would seem a pity to go backwards now though... is there any indication of an infection? That can cause frequent weeing.

Hugs to your little one! :D

Rosy Days
27-12-2012, 11:30 AM
It would seem a pity to go backwards now though... is there any indication of an infection? That can cause frequent weeing.:D

Hi, infection did cross my mind but no indicators so I don't think its that. I'm trying him again today and he seems to be doing okay, will keep at it and see how he goes. Saying that he doesn't really have many dry spells though in his nappy so maybe it is too early? I will go with the flow, no pun intended! :) xx

TNT
27-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Hello
Both my older boys seem to have tiny bladders and when I started training would wee every 10-20 minutes. After a day or 2 they seemed to 'get it' and go longer and longer stretches.
My now 6 year old wasnt dry at night until he was 5 and he still goes twice a night now! My 2 year old is recently dry in the day but his nappies are always wet in the mornings so he obviously has the same idea. I genuinly think that they just have small bladders. The mindees that I have heped to potty train have all been girls and are like camels, can hold it for hours lol.

nikkiv
28-12-2012, 11:04 AM
My son would go every 10 minutes or so we left it to him when e was ready no pressure so he was just three when fully potty trained and can count on one hand the amount of accidents he had! At night he is soaked through but little boys aren't dry through the night until a hormone kicks in that tells there body not to produce as much wee and this can be anytime up until they are 7 :(