PDA

View Full Version : Development workers?

emmadines
23-06-2008, 06:18 PM
sorry gonna have a moan.....

I have called the NCMA and they apparently sent an email to my "DW", this was almost a week ago and I have heard nothing! I havent even been issued a support childminder!

I was told that when I registered I would get all of the above and Ive not heard a peep!

other then u guys im feel pretty much on my todd! the lack of support from the ncma IMO is pretty poor.

i do intend to call them yet again!

sorry rant over!

Trouble
23-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i would ring and tell them what you have just said

maybe they will get you one, through embarrasment as you seem to have been over looked

sarah707
23-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I suggest you pester!

Someone should be there to help you ... at least you've got us! :D

emmadines
23-06-2008, 06:58 PM
I suggest you pester!

Someone should be there to help you ... at least you've got us! :D

to which I appreciate very much!

Tatia
24-06-2008, 09:00 AM
It's convoluted but in my area, the network, support scheme and development workers are "owned" by Surestart but Surestart contracts NCMA to run them. So if you're not getting anywhere with NCMA, then contact Surestart/your local CIS and make a stink with them.

jaja
24-06-2008, 09:07 AM
dont want to sound funny but it was five years before i got any support, including my do getting in touch to tell me who she was !!!! and now i dont get any support either so if you are as unlucky with yours as mejust reply on here, i always feel supported on here day or night. xxx

allinatiz
24-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a vague idea who my development worker is and don't have a support childminder but the minders at the group I go to are very helpful, as is this forum!

Other minders I have met have said to me that their support minder wasn't actually all that supportive anyway :D

jaja
25-06-2008, 10:25 AM
i personally believe that no childminder in my area is supported properly by ours unless, how do i put this, ummm, best friend to development worker then you have her attention whenever you want it.!!!!!! too clicky to be proffessional...

chez1373
25-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I know who my DW is i have met her twice in 7months which i personaly feel is a bit much lol

I dont have a support childminder but i have you guys so i class all of you my support lol argh

I find pestering works well good luck xx

donnagwynne
25-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I know how you feel.

I have the loveliest DW, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. But I do not find her very helpful.

When she visits me I find that she is full of praise for what I do, everything is "lovely" and I can not get any constructive criticism. She is one of the few people who could help me to improve my setting and I do feel that she is letting me down a bit. If there was nothing that I could improve upon then my Ofsted would have been better than 'good'.

That reminds me, she has has my diversity resources folder for at least six weeks and I need it back!!!
Donna