PDA

View Full Version : Are you looking forward to watching anything in particular over Christmas?

Maza
23-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't get the TV times any more and so have no idea what's on over Christmas and New Year this year. I love the soaps at Christmas (well, all year actually) and always watch The Queen's Speech. I learnt on here that Room on the Broom is on on Christmas Day so looking forward to that! Anything that you will be looking forward to? x

blue bear
23-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Call the midwife and downton abbey are booked on the programme guide for me

Ripeberry
23-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm looking forward to Doctor Who at 5.15pm on Xmas day and of course before then The Snowman and the Snowdog at 8pm Xmas Eve and the conclusion of Merlin at 8.15pm (which I'll record). :D

Maza
23-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh yes, The Snowman and Snowdog, saw that advertised. Looking forward to that too, Ripeberry.

Toothfairy
23-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Mr Stink
Downtown Abbey
Call the Midwife
Miranda
The Royle Family
Dr Who
Merlin
All the soaps
Mrs Browns Boys
Out numbered

They are all being sky+'d but when I'll get to watch them is anyone's guess :laughing:

The Juggler
23-12-2012, 10:10 PM
dr who on christmas day and

Miranda on boxing day :clapping::clapping:

Maza
24-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, I've sat through The Wonder Pets and now Umizoomi, so it must be my turn to choose something soon! I must watch the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special, whenever that is on.

funemnx
24-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Downton Abbey
Dr Who
Strictly
Royale family
Call the midwife

:clapping:

Samcat
24-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Doctor Who for me!

heidilunn
25-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Eastenders for me :clapping:

funemnx
25-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Tin Tin was very good, we really enjoyed it! :D

FussyElmo
25-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Loved the room on the broom

rachelmama
25-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Eastenders on later xx

The Juggler
26-12-2012, 10:47 PM
OMG watched miranda earlier - have mascara all over my face from laughing (cryng) so much. :laughing::laughing:

bunyip
27-12-2012, 11:33 AM
[Grinch alert. :rolleyes:]

I am definitely getting OLD. I now find myself seeking out the 30yo repeats as the only things to watch at Xmas that don't entirely numb my brain. Everything else just seems to be a "Christmas special" of whatever popularist rubbish gets churned out through the rest of the year. I seem to be the only one in our household who believes that hanging tinsel on a pile of predictable poop doesn't in any way stop it being a pile of poop.

Mrs bunyip caught me thumbing through the Radio Times and striking out any entry with the words ".....Christmas special" , "Top 100 Xmas....." or ".....of the Year" in the title. In between her frequent cuffs around my ear, I picked up the words, "Oi, I want to watch that" emanating from her frosty, chapped lips.

Give her credit, SheWhoMustBeObeyed clearly knows and understands me well. She obviously buys the Xmas RT so she can pick out the few radio programmes I might conceivably want to hear, then plans all our 'going out to relations' to make sure I miss them. (Yesterday's choice was fairly obvious: 'Thinking Allowed' on psycho-social approaches to alcohol.)

Well, thank Dog for BBC i-player. :)