View Full Version : CRB Checks

23-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Ladies

I have emailed OFSTED but wondered if any of you could give me some advice.

Im just about to send my application off to OFSTED and have been advised they usually do the Pre-Reg visit within 2 weeks of receiving the form. What documents do they need for the CRB check when they visit you?

The reason i ask is that i just got married and moved home in April and as yet havent updated my Driving Licence or Passport (hubby's address hasnt been updated on these either).

I could get these sent off in the next few days but im not sure how long these things usually take and am a bit anxious i wont have them back in time for the visit but then will our old docs be OK? :panic:

Many Thanks for any advice.


23-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I was in the same position last year. I got married and then registered and my passport and driving license was in m maiden name. We also moved house the same time so the addresses were wrong but it was fine all i had to do was proove it was right so i had to have my marriage certificate to showthe name change and then i had to have my driving license as photo i.d and then a utility bill to show the address. I'm sure thats all i had. Oh and Birth certificate aswell i think.

Just have as many forms of i.d. as you can

23-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Cheeky,

I wish I could answer your question fully.

I would like to think that your driver's licence and/or passport with you marriage cert will suffice (it always has when I've used it for ID at bank etc) as many people like to keep their passports in their married name if they have quite a few years left to save paying out for a new passport and loosing those years.

It's what I'm going to have to do anyway as both my Drivers Licence and Passport are in my maiden name.

As for address, you don't have to use your drivers licence as your proof of address, utilities bills etc will be able to prove this.

If you don't get a response from Ofsted by email, just give them a ring, they were more than helpful when I had to ask a few questions.

Hope this helps. x

23-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi littlesprogs

Thanks for the reply, whoo panic over! he he!!

I have our marriage licence and various bills showing my new name & address, so ill get them out.

Do you think i should just keep my old driving licence and passport until after the Pre-Reg visit then? I guess i should.

I just want everything to go as smoothly as possible. So getting a bit over excited about everything.

Nicola x

23-06-2008, 06:15 PM
I would keep them for the time being as you have to send your driving licence off to recieve a new one and you'll have nothing if you do that and your pre reg happens whilst it's at DVLA.

Good luck, I sent my reg forms off today, scary stuff, glad it's done now.


23-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes keep your sriving license because if i remember rightly they take the license number and write it on your crb form.

If you wanted to you could send your passport off to be changed because i dont think the woman checked mine she said my driving license would be fine.

However your driving license needs to be changed because of the address on it (someone told me if you get pulled over and your address on your license and insurance doesnt match you can be in big trouble).

Check with OFSTED but i'm sure you will only need your license OR your passport

23-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. OK gonna send the forms off tommorrow.

Nic x

24-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Just thought id let you know the response i had from OFSTED:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Once you submit your childminding application, Ofsted will provide you with a Disclosure Application Form for the CRB check. Once you receive the Disclosure Application Form a childcare inspector will schedule a registration visit with you to establish your suitability as a childcare provider and to verify your documents of identification.

As long as you have a marriage certificate, Ofsted will be able to verify your other documents of identification as the marriage certificate will confirm the change of surnames.

I hope this information is helpful to you."