PDA

View Full Version : safety window film question

hulahooper
22-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I have large double glazed doors from living room to the garden, do I have to safety proof both sides of the glass? Or just one?

We cant see any safety glass numbers/kitemarks.

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

lisa1968
22-12-2012, 11:57 AM
How old are the doors? They should be toughened safety glass-the markings on them are very faint-so have a real good look (hubby is a glazier so knows about these things!).If they are toughened then you won't need safety film.If you're not sure you could ask a glazier to come out and pop one of the units out-he can tell by looking at the edge of the glass if it's toughened or not. If the doors are plastic then there's a good chance that they're toughened-if they're wood,then they might not be.
If you still want to put the film on, then put it on the inside.If you are in the garden with the children,then you'll probably leave the back door open-I do-so there's less chance of it getting broken.

hulahooper
22-12-2012, 12:34 PM
This is the right thing yeah? When u said t was faint, I went n had a bigger look than the pre inspector did and I found this on two of the glazed panes on one of tge doors! Can I be excited that this is it and I domt need to film the window?

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

hectors house
22-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Most internal and external pre-glazed glass doors that are less than 10 years old are toughened safety glass.

lisa1968
22-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Yep that's the one-just double checked with hubby and he says its definitely toughened.
That'll save you a job!!