PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Milk

teacake2
20-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Is anyone else still having trouble with Scotts milk deliveries. I have had no milk from them for about 6 weeks now, they are making the excuse that people are not validating their claims so that they can then claim the cost of the milk back. I am fed up of telling them that they need to send all validations to my correct email address so that I can reply to them. I have had the other company on my back about validations (the nursery milk company). I tried calling Scotts to-day to find out what they are playing at now but surprise, surprise they are not answering the telephone.
Sorry for the rant.
Teacake2
:(:angry::(:angry::(:angry:

loftysmate
20-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Snap having same trouble and I have validated all emails. Pig sick now thinking of stopping altogether

vdubnut
20-12-2012, 12:11 PM
me ive tried cancelling my claim so i claim from the nursery scheme direct , not sure but i get the impression they give you the money instead . im really annoyed tbh

jackie 7
20-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Yes I am still having probs.

AliceK
20-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Is anyone else still having trouble with Scotts milk deliveries. I have had no milk from them for about 6 weeks now, they are making the excuse that people are not validating their claims so that they can then claim the cost of the milk back. I am fed up of telling them that they need to send all validations to my correct email address so that I can reply to them. I have had the other company on my back about validations (the nursery milk company). I tried calling Scotts to-day to find out what they are playing at now but surprise, surprise they are not answering the telephone.
Sorry for the rant.
Teacake2

Yes, same here and I've validated all mine but am now sick of it and will be cancelling it. It's more trouble than it's worth now :angry:
I'll buy it myself and claim it against my tax.
xxx

funemnx
20-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I've just replied to a similar post. I signed up to nurserymilk.co.uk - I go on-line every month and claim (or you can save up several months worth) the money goes in my bank account within a couple days. I can buy my milk from where ever I like! :thumbsup:

cuddlybunny38
20-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I have cancelled mine 2 weeks ago, as similar stories. They are wavering(sp) the months notice at the moment due to suspension of delivery's. They did apologize saying about the validation of claims but I am only entitled to 2 pints a week so not worth it. xxx

moggy
20-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I have cancelled my Scotts account and in process of registering with nursery milk scheme. I had a man from the nursery milk scheme calling me, investigating Scotts, asking about my numbers of mindees in particular weeks, checking what milk I had and generally saying he is very busy talking to Scotts customers and hearing the same story!

teacake2
20-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Just had a reply from Scotts by email, real person this time and not an automated one. This one says deliveries should start at the beginning of January, so we will wait and see.
Teacake2

sarah707
20-12-2012, 05:48 PM
It's not just happening to childminders :(

Nurseries left in the lurch by free milk supplier | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/1164964/Nurseries-left-lurch-free-milk-supplier/)

I get my milk from Cool Milk and they have always been very helpful -

www.milk4childminders.com

Here's a thread started by Pauline some time ago which you might find helpful :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/member-information/74478-getting-free-milk.html

kellib
20-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I've had the same problems, even had an email from them saying if I didn't validate (which I always do straight away!) then they would be charging me £320!! I don't think so somehow! Fired off a reply email to them basically telling them where to go (in a nice polite way of course :D) and haven't heard from them since.

Think I'll be cancelling too, it was all going smoothly but now it's just hassle I can do without!

sandy64
20-12-2012, 05:53 PM
yep me too so annoying ive validated claim and still no milk prob 6wks now think il cancel and try the one sarah has :)

loocyloo
20-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I have cancelled my Scotts account and in process of registering with nursery milk scheme. I had a man from the nursery milk scheme calling me, investigating Scotts, asking about my numbers of mindees in particular weeks, checking what milk I had and generally saying he is very busy talking to Scotts customers and hearing the same story!

i had several conversations with the nursery milk people back in september/october as i tried to register with them and it was discovered that scotts had been claiming on my account for several months after i had moved away from the address! they claim it was an 'admin error'. i just need to start claiming! BUT if scotts have claimed for a month you want to claim for, they have to refund the money to YOU as the milk people can't!

bunyip
20-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Strangely enough, I started another thread, stating I'd had a problem with a "major milk service". Somehow everyone figured out that, if it was a mess then Scotts must be behind it. How true. :rolleyes:

I've been trying to contact Scotts for over a week now. I have phoned them on average 12 times each day, but they won't pick up the phone. I emailed them and asked them to phone me, but only get automated replies.

A few weeks ago, they refused to deliver because my free milk entitlement is too small for them to be bothered with. They then asked me to validate a claim for 2.4 pints!?!?! Ridiculous! They don't deliver .4 of a pint, so how can I be expected to validate a nonsensical claim? It's just what fits their bizarre accounting system. They are now threatening to charge me if I don't validate this impossible claim.

This is on top of a monster dispute I had with them early in the year when I tried to add groceries to the order. Cutting a very long story very short, they never once managed to get a single delivery, invoice or statement right over a period of 2-3 months.

They spent most of this year calling me, trying to persuade me to add my own children to my free milk claim (which I refused to do cos AFAIK they aren't entitled) just to boost their sales. This stopped once the validation system kicked in, and they called to make sure I knew I was not entitled to claim for family members (something I'd been telling them for months.)

Frankly, I've had it up to here with them, so the sooner I can get on with processing my own claims, the better. :mad:

Belly2009
20-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Ive been trying to set up an account since Nov. Tried calling them but they arent answering. Going to go else where now.

CH1957
20-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Strangely enough, I started another thread, stating I'd had a problem with a "major milk service". Somehow everyone figured out that, if it was a mess then Scotts must be behind it. How true. :rolleyes:

I've been trying to contact Scotts for over a week now. I have phoned them on average 12 times each day, but they won't pick up the phone. I emailed them and asked them to phone me, but only get automated replies.

A few weeks ago, they refused to deliver because my free milk entitlement is too small for them to be bothered with. They then asked me to validate a claim for 2.4 pints!?!?! Ridiculous! They don't deliver .4 of a pint, so how can I be expected to validate a nonsensical claim? It's just what fits their bizarre accounting system. They are now threatening to charge me if I don't validate this impossible claim.

This is on top of a monster dispute I had with them early in the year when I tried to add groceries to the order. Cutting a very long story very short, they never once managed to get a single delivery, invoice or statement right over a period of 2-3 months.

They spent most of this year calling me, trying to persuade me to add my own children to my free milk claim (which I refused to do cos AFAIK they aren't entitled) just to boost their sales. This stopped once the validation system kicked in, and they called to make sure I knew I was not entitled to claim for family members (something I'd been telling them for months.)
Frankly, I've had it up to here with them, so the sooner I can get on with processing my own claims, the better. :mad:

Ive had exactly the same problems with Scotts, never got my delivery correct. I had a call from them saying that because I hadnt validated my claims (I have twice!!) that my account is now cancelled with them and that they'll charge me if I dont validate my October claim (that'll make 3 times if I do it-which Im not) Wanting me to claim for my own children AND I dont even have young children of my own!!!
Ive signed up with someone else now, so hopefully they'll be better.

nessynoodle
20-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I thought this was just me because I moved house and they kept calling my old house to validate and sending emails to old email address. Phoned them so many time to update details and emailed them too. They reassured me that they have ben updated (well i did start getting milk to the right address so they must have been!) but then milk stopped altogether! Saw a van driving round the other day and was hopeful but no such luck! Haven't got round to phoning them yet but I really should.

mr man
20-12-2012, 10:01 PM
My milkman told me they're in trouble for claiming more milk than delivered..... Big trouble that's going see it closed down. His words. I moved from Scott's to my own milkman 12 months ago. This was last Friday he told me.

Mouse
20-12-2012, 10:10 PM
It's a relief that it's the firm being investigated and it's not the CMs who are getting into trouble for the inflated claims made in their names.

The nursery milk scheme is there to ensure children get their milk, not so private firms can make big profits from it.

Ripeberry
20-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I've been having dealings with them but not used them since Sept and they were trying to claim that I've used them in October! Nursery Milk people are investigating. Sounds like they are in deep doo doos!

kevinthemilkman
25-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry for the rant.
Teacake2

I am a milkman and I was delivering to about 15 childminders and 1 nursery on behalf of Scotts milk, but they are murder in paying us for the milk we deliver for them. We also deal with Cool Milk, cheque is always on time and they are a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Cool Milk everytime. And I am an impartial supplier, I just do not want to see customers buying their milk from the shops as Scotts have peed them off. Keep milk where it belongs, on the doorstep!! (Kevin the Milkman).

hectors house
26-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I have milk delivered from a dairy for my families own use and then used to get milk delivered from Scotts, but like everyone else, deliveries have been suspended due to "their words - childminders not completing their validations" - I had completed mine in duplicate - to Scotts and NRMU - I phoned my dairy and they deliver milk on behalf of Cool milk so am changing to them in new year.

I have had NRMU ring me wanting me to tell them again about my validations for August - I told them if this doesn't get sorted out soon and be more simple than using their spreadsheet to calculate my allowance (which doesn't tie up as they want to know about children who actually attended on those days rather than children who were booked in to attend - and with the amount of sickness lately it doesn't add up) that I would be buying my childminding milk from Asda - 4 pints for a quid! They said many childminders had said the same.

I will try Cool milk but if I have to spend an hour a month checking through my registers I won't be bothering any more.

AliceK
26-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I have milk delivered from a dairy for my families own use and then used to get milk delivered from Scotts, but like everyone else, deliveries have been suspended due to "their words - childminders not completing their validations" - I had completed mine in duplicate - to Scotts and NRMU - I phoned my dairy and they deliver milk on behalf of Cool milk so am changing to them in new year.

I have had NRMU ring me wanting me to tell them again about my validations for August - I told them if this doesn't get sorted out soon and be more simple than using their spreadsheet to calculate my allowance (which doesn't tie up as they want to know about children who actually attended on those days rather than children who were booked in to attend - and with the amount of sickness lately it doesn't add up) that I would be buying my childminding milk from Asda - 4 pints for a quid! They said many childminders had said the same.

I will try Cool milk but if I have to spend an hour a month checking through my registers I won't be bothering any more.

Exactly! We have children contracted but if children don't attend for whatever reason, sickness, odd day off, holiday etc, WE are the ones going to be penalised. I am now going to buy it myself and put it through as expenses. I don't have the time or the inclination for all this stupid faffing around, got enough to do :angry:

xxx

Mouse
26-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I really don't see what people find so complicated about claiming the money back themselves from the NMRU. For each month I sit down at the laptop, look through my register, add up the number of children atending through the month and put down the average cost for a pint of milk. The payment is then made direct to my bank account. It literally takes me minutes to do.

I know that I am claiming the exact amount I should and I'm not relying on any third party to get it right for me :thumbsup:

TAZ
26-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I've never got round to signing up to any companies for children's milk - quite glad about that having read about the problems people have been having. This has prompted me to start claiming the cost of the milk though as I've never done that either!