PDA

View Full Version : Claiming for milk

bunyip
20-12-2012, 10:07 AM
After a year of being messed about by a major free milk "service" (it's been anything but a service) they have now decided to drop me like a hot brick because they no longer do 'little people' who don't order lots. At the moment, I'm in still in dispute with them over the validation for their last deliveries, which appear to be more about balancing their own weird accounts system than confirming what they actually delivered. They are threatening to invoice me for 2 month's milk unless I confirm their inaccurate calculations (it's tantamount to blackmail). I'm unable to communicate as they won't pick up the phone, whilst my emails receive a standard automated reply every time. :mad:

Can someone please tell me how I can set up to do my own claims?

Since the big milk company were handling my claims (as agents) do I need them to release any paperwork or will the scheme just transfer my account away from them without any fuss?

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Kiddleywinks
20-12-2012, 10:20 AM
One of the many reasons why I refuse to use outside agencies for something I am more than capable of doing myself. If something's going to get complicated, I'd rather it was down to me than trying to figure out someone elses system.

I just claim milk costs as an expense in my accounts, as it something I get on my normal weekly shop anyway. As I keep my food receipts anyway, back tracking the original cost shouldn't be a problem should it ever be queried.

jackie 7
20-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I have a problem with one as it took them ages to get the firm used for deliveries to find me. I got those terrible validation emails so I asked to come out of their system. Then they had to use a local supplier so have had no milk for ages I am going to try the people who give you the money or just claim the money as expenses.

mama2three
20-12-2012, 10:30 AM
bunyip Ive been advised that you can simply cancel the deliveries through Scotts ( or whoever the supplier is) , then from the following month claim yourself from nmru.
you need an application form , email or ring NMRU Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/faqs.html) then once they confirm you can claim on line for up to 2 years of milk at a time .

teacake2
20-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry didn't see your thread, I have just posted one about Scotts, they don't answer any emails properly or the telephone, I think the way we are being treated is disgusting. I haven't had any milk from them for ages, it is not my fault, I try to do everything they ask but their system doesn't work when trying to change things. It isn't too much of a problem too me at the moment with regards the two little ones I have as they are not that bothered about milk, and so are just having some of my own if they have cereals or want a drink, but they prefer water anyway. But it would be very difficult for some people who have a lot of children and ones who want lots of milk to drink.
Teacake2

jackie 7
20-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I have been waiting for the cancelation form from Scott's. will ring again and ask for email form then register with milk people. I wanted to stay with them but I find not knowing if I will get milk I'd hard.

funemnx
20-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I signed up to nurserymilk.co.uk - I can get my milk from anywhere I like and go on-line to claim every month. The money then gets paid into my bank account (takes a couple days) :thumbsup:

cuddlybunny38
20-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I just posted on the other thread as well, I cancelled mine from Scotts 2 weeks ago, they are wavering (sp) the cancellation period at the moment due to the suspension of delivery's, they also answered my emails within 2 days of sending them, hope everyone gets it sorted xxx

manjay
20-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I have always claimed mine myself through the nursery milk reimbursement scheme. I usually do it once a year before the end of the tax yaer:)

bunyip
20-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the replies. How odd that I mentioned I'd been messed around and so many of you correctly figured out I was with Scotts!!! It says a lot. :rolleyes:

scottishlass
20-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Oh no I signed up to them about a month ago and have heard nothing since - might have to make a wee phone call Tom!

kevinthemilkman
25-12-2012, 03:22 PM
After a year of being messed about by a major free milk "service" (it's been anything but a service) they have now decided to drop me like a hot brick because they no longer do 'little people' who don't order lots. At the moment, I'm in still in dispute with them over the validation for their last deliveries, which appear to be more about balancing their own weird accounts system than confirming what they actually delivered. They are threatening to invoice me for 2 month's milk unless I confirm their inaccurate calculations (it's tantamount to blackmail). I'm unable to communicate as they won't pick up the phone, whilst my emails receive a standard automated reply every time. :mad:

Can someone please tell me how I can set up to do my own claims?

Since the big milk company were handling my claims (as agents) do I need them to release any paperwork or will the scheme just transfer my account away from them without any fuss?

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Change to Cool milk. I am an independent milkman and I used to deliver 15 minders and 1 nursery for Scotts, and I had to stop deliveries as they are so slow in paying me for the milk supplied. Cool milk, good as gold, cheque on time, always answer the phone. I earn less delivering the milk for them, but at least I get paid!! Keep milk on the doorstep!! Lets not make me the last milkman in London!!