PDA

View Full Version : New to childminding

rai stocks
19-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi I have got my registration and have advertised my setting with no luck, has anyone got any ideas?

sarah707
20-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Tell everyone you meet that you are a childminder with vacancies - you never know who is on the lookout!

I hope it improves for you in the new year :D

rai stocks
20-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks I work for an agency working with children so they have been told

lynncjt
23-12-2012, 07:54 AM
I have registered on every free web site that I could find including Yell and Google so that now if you Google 'childminder' and my town I come up on the first page. I have also set up a Facebook page as a childminder and have lots of photos of my setting and also kids playing outside, in the park, down the beach and with messy play.

I have car magnets that I got from Vistaprint and even though I would rather walk to the school I sometimes drive there early and sit for ages so my name gets seen. Recently got a call from someone who had seen my car in ASDA!

I also paid to go on Childcare.co.uk.

I am now nearly full of under 5's but would like more after school children if I could get them.

I've had the most business from Facebook, followed by Childcare.co.uk and some calls via Yell and Google searches.

Good luck!

FussyElmo
23-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Go to toddler groups, childminding groups, do you know any other cms who would pass on work?

Langaleah
23-12-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not registered yet, but this is what I plan on doing :
•Having my logo,number,name ect on my car.
• Having tops & hoodies with my name logo number on(you can get hoodies really cheep off eBay)
•flyers,posters& business cards, and just giving them out to everyone and puting flyers everywhere!
•ask about putting a little add in the school news letter.(they could say no but worth a try)
•Facebook page
• free websites (like pp said)
• and word of mouth, going to send everyone a message (phone/facebook) and ask them to pass my info on to anyone they think would be intrested.
• My local family information service, you can give them your info and it goes on their system and when people ask for childminders they give you info to them.
•play groups.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope you have some luck xx

ondherb
23-12-2012, 12:55 PM
you really can not beat childcare.co.uk i get all my work from there :)