PDA

View Full Version : special first aid kit?

hulahooper
19-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Do we need to have a specific first aid kit like the ncma one? Or can I get any of the ones like at boots or whatever?

Thanks

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

SYLVIA
19-12-2012, 08:38 PM
I have atupperware box that is full of stuff I have purchased off various lists that have been given on 1st aid courses. The box is marked and a notice on the wall states where it is kept. It's always been ok in inspections so far

sarah707
20-12-2012, 05:53 PM
No you don't need a specific one.

You should have a list of contents from your last first aid course - and I understand the box should be green.

Hth :D

blue bear
20-12-2012, 07:20 PM
On our first aid course the instructor said its more cost effEctive to buy a complete set, I bout one off eBay and put it in an old box.

bunyip
20-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Assess what you need in your box for your setting, according to numbers, age, etc. You should list everything and keep the list in the box, so you can prove that the contents are complete if inspected. :thumbsup:

I use 2 kits: a larger one for indoors and a smaller one for trips and school run. The latter is well-hidden in the pushchair's storage area. Do not put it on display and, as mean as it sounds, resist the temptation to run to the aid of every child in the playground who falls over whilst you're there. You'll soon be known as the supplier of free dressings and the school will save money by letting you get on with it at your own expense. :mad:

I personally regret buying a boxed set of first aid equipment, as the box came sealed and the contents were all short-dated: so I had to replace almost everything within the first 3-6months.
:)