PDA

View Full Version : after school children

lindseyn23
19-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone I have had a lady ask me to look after her 3 children who are 6,4 and 2 which is great the only concern I have the 4 year old is going to school in the summer and I will be at my maximum with my daughter as my car will be full as she will be taking up 3 full time places do I charge her for full days for the children at school? I cannot take any other children as she wants me to have all 3 in holiday time too. I will be children's emergency contact when at school so always on call.... how do I charge don't want her to think I am taking the mickey but at the end of the day I am a business and I need to make money. Any help really appreciated. Thankyou.

mrs robbie williams
19-12-2012, 07:08 PM
if she wants you to be oncall all the time they are at school plus you are having them during school holidays you have no choice but to charge full time space for each of them, unless you can get around the older 2 by saying it would be emergency care until mum arrives but then you are restricted to filling your daytime spaces tto

FussyElmo
19-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I would charge full time for the 2 yo and before and after school for the other 2.

Then I would charge full time for all 3 in the holidays.

Chimps Childminding
19-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I would charge full time for the 2 yo and before and after school for the other 2.

Then I would charge full time for all 3 in the holidays.

Same here!!! I do know of CM who charge while children are at school, but personally I couldn't do it!!

mammumof4
20-12-2012, 09:27 AM
If your going to be the schools emergency number how will that work If child is sent home sick?
I would think carefully about that one, even if its only for a short period untill mum can collect,what if a child is sick in your car/house, and all the extra work that will cause.

Langaleah
20-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Personally I wouldn't be the emergency contact, the parent should be, becouse if the child is ill, you can't look after them in case the illness spreds to the other children. I would just keep it to full time pay for the 2 yet old & before & after pay for the children in school, and would suggest the parent be the emergency contact(I now if it was my child I would want to be the emergency contact anyways) xx

Chimps Childminding
20-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Personally I wouldn't be the emergency contact, the parent should be, becouse if the child is ill, you can't look after them in case the illness spreds to the other children. I would just keep it to full time pay for the 2 yet old & before & after pay for the children in school, and would suggest the parent be the emergency contact(I now if it was my child I would want to be the emergency contact anyways) xx

I agree!! I will collect if the school has to close early for any reason, but not if a Child is ill!!! If they are too ill to be at school, they are too ill to be at mine especially if I have other children with me!!!

vdubnut
20-12-2012, 02:31 PM
I agree!! I will collect if the school has to close early for any reason, but not if a Child is ill!!! If they are too ill to be at school, they are too ill to be at mine especially if I have other children with me!!!

Exactly this , sick children could cause more harm than good a perent shoul always be the emergency contact

helena_j
20-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Exactly this , sick children could cause more harm than good a perent shoul always be the emergency contact

I agree also, I wouldn't feel comfortable as it would restrict your day and tie you down for those 'just incase the school rings' moments also not practical being emergency contact as depending on the emergency may prove an issue with having other children in tow etc.
I would charge before and after school term time and full fee in hols and avoid responsibility during school hours as the emergency contact.

lindseyn23
20-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Thankyou everyone for the advice i will speak to her regarding emergency contact was not to keen on the idea as I don't want my daughter getting bugs that her children have etc.... I will need to discuss when the 4 year old goes to school as I will not be able to take any other children on full time so may ask her for a set amount each week for the children at school.

shelleyhills
23-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I have this sutuation already in place. I am the emergency cover but only till parent can come home asap. For this agreement i charge half fee like retainer while school children in school then reverting to full fee once in my care. This way the child is always cared for (safeguarding) and you are still having your spaces covered. Plus it keeps the holiday space covered too, and you still get some pay. All my parents with this way and are very happy with it.