PDA

View Full Version : On the countdown then BAM...

Kiddleywinks
19-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Here I am, happily counting down to Friday's finish @ 6pm, Baileys out by 10 past, weekend chilling, mad panic for xmas eve and anything I've forgotten, and a lovely week off

then BAM

Letter arrives from tax credits... I've been selected (Ooooo lucky me!) for a review :( with all information to be received by 14th january aaaaaargh!

Stomps feet, I didn't want to be doing any paperwork over Xmas, pfft

Maza
19-12-2012, 03:23 PM
There's ALWAYS something that gets in the way of a good rest and a bit of 'me time'. Will it take you long? x

Kiddleywinks
19-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I hope not :laughing:

Thankfully I've kept on top of my accounts this year, filed last years accounts by July so not got last years books to do thank goodness, but I wasn't happy about sending them my attendance register as a safeguarding and ofsted compliance issue (they want originals and I'm due an inspection anyday), so I've got to make a list of specific hours for each mindee instead

loocyloo
19-12-2012, 05:52 PM
why do you need to send them a list of mindees hours? is it the parents tax credits that are being checked, or yours? if yours, then surely just a list of monthly income and hours worked would be sufficent?

xxx

sarah707
19-12-2012, 06:08 PM
No way would I be giving them my registers - I wouldn't trust them not to be lost :(

I hope you are ok xx

Kiddleywinks
19-12-2012, 10:34 PM
why do you need to send them a list of mindees hours? is it the parents tax credits that are being checked, or yours? if yours, then surely just a list of monthly income and hours worked would be sufficent?

xxx

It's my claim they're checking - guessing it's because I'm self employed as I've heard they're clamping down on SE claims (there's been a dramatic increase in people going self employed due to changes in the benefits system apparently)
I'm not worried about supplying the information they want as such, as it's all documented correctly, receipts for EVERYTHING :laughing:, contracts with specified hours, attendance register, daily diaries etc all prove I'm claiming the correct working hours, but from a safeguarding aspect I'm not comfortable with sending them originals in respect of their request to send 'diary of bookings/appointments made/other documentation to show the number of hours worked' - as Sarah rightly says, I'd be up poop creek if they lost them, and they said in their letter they don't accept photocopies...

Thanks for your concern Sarah, much appreciated :thumbsup:
I called them, and spoke to a lovely guy, explained that I was a childminder and as such had safeguarding issues and ofsted compliances to consider with the information I could supply to them etc etc, and he very kindly said to write a letter explaining this, detailing as much as possible in regard to working hours. I have said they are welcome to visit me, or allow me to photocopy contracts with personal details removed, and he again said to mention that and if that's acceptable they will be in touch about it.

Thankfully, on my spreadsheet, I keep a tab on cumalitve contracted hours v actual hours worked individually, and then a running total for that week.
I did originally consider going through my attendance registers listing the actual attendance of each mindee, (when I made the original post) however as I've spoken to them since, will just print out my spreadsheets for them instead as that's already done on a weekly basis anyway.

I'm determined not to do any damn paperwork over christmas :laughing:

mum24
19-12-2012, 10:53 PM
It's my claim they're checking - guessing it's because I'm self employed as I've heard they're clamping down on SE claims (there's been a dramatic increase in people going self employed due to changes in the benefits system apparently)
I'm not worried about supplying the information they want as such, as it's all documented correctly, receipts for EVERYTHING :laughing:, contracts with specified hours, attendance register, daily diaries etc all prove I'm claiming the correct working hours, but from a safeguarding aspect I'm not comfortable with sending them originals in respect of their request to send 'diary of bookings/appointments made/other documentation to show the number of hours worked' - as Sarah rightly says, I'd be up poop creek if they lost them, and they said in their letter they don't accept photocopies...

Thanks for your concern Sarah, much appreciated :thumbsup:
I called them, and spoke to a lovely guy, explained that I was a childminder and as such had safeguarding issues and ofsted compliances to consider with the information I could supply to them etc etc, and he very kindly said to write a letter explaining this, detailing as much as possible in regard to working hours. I have said they are welcome to visit me, or allow me to photocopy contracts with personal details removed, and he again said to mention that and if that's acceptable they will be in touch about it.

Thankfully, on my spreadsheet, I keep a tab on cumalitve contracted hours v actual hours worked individually, and then a running total for that week.
I did originally consider going through my attendance registers listing the actual attendance of each mindee, (when I made the original post) however as I've spoken to them since, will just print out my spreadsheets for them instead as that's already done on a weekly basis anyway.

I'm determined not to do any damn paperwork over christmas :laughing:

I am amazed and flabbergasted.....wow so organised.... why did the banks not have someone like you working at the top earning mega bucks, they would have got away with nothing:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Get yourself along there now quick (well after Christmas) and save us all.;)

Kiddleywinks
19-12-2012, 11:48 PM
I am amazed and flabbergasted.....wow so organised.... why did the banks not have someone like you working at the top earning mega bucks, they would have got away with nothing:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Get yourself along there now quick (well after Christmas) and save us all.;)

:laughing: Thanks, but it's undeserved, I have a memory like a sieve so if I don't write it down within 24 hours I guarantee I'll forget :laughing:

I had debated setting up as a childminding specific book keeper, but I doubt anyone else would appreciate my obsessive way of logging these things. Plus by doing it daily it takes a couple of minutes, leaving it to build up takes me hours :rolleyes: