PDA

View Full Version : advice please

lulubelle2
19-12-2012, 02:50 PM
i no longer mind but one of my previous mums is at uni, apparently her last student finance form was filled in wrong so i NEED to re fill in, arranged to do it today but myself and lo both ill/not up to seeing anyone today so i have said i will re arrange asap, since then she hasnt stopped calling my landline or mobile and i have recieved several quite treatening emails. i understand this form needs to be filled in but surely it can wait 24 hrs if i am ill. any ideas where i stand?

lulubelle2
19-12-2012, 02:52 PM
i will also add this is the same mum i stopped minding because of, because as soon as she found out i was pregnant 'i had ruined her carer' and she left because i was pregnant and would be unrelieable all this without giving me notice!!!

bunyip
19-12-2012, 03:58 PM
i no longer mind but one of my previous mums is at uni, apparently her last student finance form was filled in wrong so i NEED to re fill in, arranged to do it today but myself and lo both ill/not up to seeing anyone today so i have said i will re arrange asap, since then she hasnt stopped calling my landline or mobile and i have recieved several quite treatening emails. i understand this form needs to be filled in but surely it can wait 24 hrs if i am ill. any ideas where i stand?

OK, the mum is desperate to sort this out, but constant phone calls (you don't say how often) and threatening emails are not the way to go. Exactly what do you mean by "threatening"?

Taken at face value, I'd call that harassment, and I'd report it to the police.

I would tell her once, and once only, that I'll get in touch when I feel well enough to help with the forms. Also that further contact from her is not required and will also be reported as continued harassment. I'd consider saying that, due to her unpleassant behaviour throughout, I would only deal with the college finance people direct as I wished to have no further contact with such an anti-social individual. I'd consider refusing to deal with her at all if she owed me anything for the lack of notice.

hectors house
19-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon - think I would not answer her calls and text her saying the more she bothers you the longer you will take to reschedule meeting. She didn't respect your notice period so her wishes are bottom of your list of priorities.

Kiddleywinks
19-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Agree with both the above

I would also be informing the college of the last day of care and the amount outstanding too

lulubelle2
19-12-2012, 05:32 PM
thank you, i have now given up minding completly an never intend to go back to it, i will write to her university clearly stating the last dates and fees i recieved/charged for for her childrens care

sarah707
19-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Deal with the Uni direct - not the parent if you are feeling threatened.

Hugs xx