PDA

View Full Version : Why would you do???

kayz90
19-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi

At school I pick up from there is a childminder looking after children without being registered what would you do?

Mouse
19-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Do you know for definite that she isn't registered, or even that she needs to be registered?

If she only looks after over 8s or has the chlidren for less than 2 hours then she doesn't need to be registered.

lynnfi
19-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Have seen it before, but only one child and mum and her were friends and arranged like that (she was paid).

But I consider it as none of my business tbh. It is not as if I witnessed a health/safety/safeguarding issue.

JCrakers
19-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I have a friend who used to look after a little girl. She used to take her to school and back and have her until her mum got in from work. I thought nothing of it as the girl was the same age as her dd. Thought she was doing mum a favour.

She did it for about 5yrs but now the girl is 10 and walks to school with friends.
She mentioned the other month that her mum used to be really slow at paying her.... I was shocked and wondered if she declared her income to the taxman as even if she was charging £2 an hour that's £6 a day,£36 a week and about £140 a month on top of her daily job.

Plus what I really didn't like about it was if my friend was ill and unable to have the child, her mum asked me if I could have her. This puts a bad light on us childminders as she said 'oh you couldn't look after xxxx for me could you, her childminder is ill.'

Er...no, she isn't a childminder...grrrr. She's just someone who illegally gets paid for looking after your dd, unregistered, uninsured and unqualified (no first aid,no cp)

kayz90
20-12-2012, 11:03 AM
What annoys me is that we are in small village and there isn't much work going for the childminders that have spent time and money to become registered, and she is just doing it stealing children and putting their lives at risk! Very selfish grr x

vdubnut
20-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Maybe she dosnt realise what she's doing is wrong , years ago I paid my friend £30 pw to pick up my 3 kids up from the school ( her children were at same school ) whilst I went to college . I never knew of any such laws of cash in hand let alone childminding laws just thought I was helping her , she was helping me .
Times were extremely hard back then and I couldn't have done it without her help .
Guess what I'm saying is maybe you don't know all the facts and sometimes it may be best just to keep quiet

wendywu
20-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Me personally i would say nothing at all. :panic: