PDA

View Full Version : Potty training help please

Buttonsjan
18-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi, I have a little girl who is 20 months old. Mum is going to potty train her over xmas.

It has been quite some time since I potty trained my own two!! I'd really like the practical childminder hints and tips ie being out and about at groups, in the car, not having down stairs loo etc etc!!!

Thanks so much guys n girls.

JCrakers
18-12-2012, 09:13 PM
If mum is starting over Xmas then she might crack it before she comes back to you.

I have a potty in sight at all times and tell every 20m that we need to go for a wee. If one is done a sticker is given :) I don't ask because usually the answer is no and then a wee is on the floor 5m later. I encourage and say 'let's have a little sit on the potty and then we can get that game out'

Going out is harder but I just take the potty with me. You will soon learn how long he/she can go between wees. And always know where a public toilet is just in case.

But if its not cracked within 7-10days then I would give a few months before trying again. Also the same if little one isn't interested or gets upset.

JCrakers
18-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Plus I might add that 20m is very young so it might be that mum is pushing and little one isn't showing any signs? If no signs then it could be a waste of time

Or little one could be showing signs :)

Buttonsjan
18-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Mum says she's seeing lots of signs at home, not so much here, so we'll see.

I like your idea of not asking just trying! nice