PDA

View Full Version : giving notice

carlyr
18-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi I am a newly registered childminder and started minding in Sept I currently have Two mindies
One of them only does a Thursday and the other did Mon,Tue, Thursday Fri am. However the child that does three
An half days now wants to drop the Mon. Tbh I am gutted as its a drop in money and my chances of
Any other parents wanting to do odd days are slim. They are both two so blocking me havin any other under fives as i have my own four yr old. At the moment I can't be fussy as these are the only
Mindies I have but was wondering does anyone know if I was to get an offer off a full timer could I give one of them notice I'm with ncma sounds harsh but don't no if I'm worrying over nothing.

Kiddleywinks
18-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I sympathise with the dropping of a day, but try not to worry about things too much, you already know there are parents out there that may only need one day (Your thursday only mindee for one :thumbsup:)
You can give notice at any time provided you give the appropriate notice - check your contracts, but 4 weeks is pretty normal.

Hope you get more mindees that fit in soon

Chimps Childminding
18-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't know how things are where you are, but full time mindees are rare where I am. None of my mindees apart from a before/after schoolie do more than 2 days a week, and tbh it has been like that for a few years now!

CH1957
18-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I think you'll find you will fill your part time spaces easier than finding a full timer. Up until 3 weeks ago I didnt have any children more than 2 days a week each. Stick with it, it will get better. I was at the point of giving up but things have now got bit better, although still got lots of spaces, it takes time to get known - the new children Ive just started are a recommendation from my other parent. Good luck.

Belly2009
18-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I am in a similar postition. One has given notice they wanted to drop to an hour a day and the other only 2 hours per day. Im about to give notice to both parents as one of the children is a under 5 and that will free up a space. Its not something I ever thought I would do but its your business and you need to do what makes business sense for you. Ive been so upset the past few days trying to work out what to do but there is no way especially with the under 5 I will be able to get more business.

HTH

carlyr
18-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Thankyou for the advice everyone think I will stick with it and see how
Things pan out. I did consider giving up but it's not what I want and have worked
Hard to get where I am. It's good to get feedback of others especially
With being a newbie :-)