PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get your first 'customers'?

Missy2167
17-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi All, I'm just writing my business plan and wondered how long it took you to get your first customers and then how long to get to the 'full' mark? I really need to be able to get some kind of guestimate for my forward financial planning.
Many thankd
Love Maria xxx

lynncjt
17-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I think I have been lucky: First child (3 nights per week after school) started 2 weeks after I was registered (Aug 12), now have 3 under 5's and have 1 space left on Tuesday and 2 on Friday from beginning of Nov (3 months after registering) so nearly full.

I still only have 1 regular after schoolie and have not had many enquiries. I think in the NE Scotland there are a lot of extended families that can help with pre/after school care.

Good luck!

Pixie dust
17-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Beginning of Sept 09 I was registered the first children Oct 09 and have not been full yet!!! I have a few part-timers scattered throughout the week but so far not completely full.

It really depends on your area and the demand for childcare.

blue bear
17-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered oct 97, child started one day a week the following week. That was enough for me at the time as I had a new baby. Started full time in the summer of 98, which made my under 5's full I didn't take on school aged until two years go when one of my baby mindees started school.

SYLVIA
17-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I had 2 mindees lined up before I'd even thought about minding! Back in the old days that was! Once registered I had them and then got another one 6 months later

silvermist
17-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Hiya, I had my first one lined up and ready prior to registration. I registered in march this year and now have,
1x 9months, 1 x 14 months, 1x 15months, 1x 17months, and three after schoolies aged 5, 7 and 8 years. I think its important to understand that this isnt a completely stable career, kiddies come and go all the time.

Wishing you lots of luck with your business. xx

kel1983
17-12-2012, 10:20 PM
It took me 4 months to get my first and then one month later my second. It took a good 18 months to get enough work to become full time. Now I work along side my mum (co minding) and we literally have 1 space left.

scottishlass
17-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I registered in nov and had my first wee one ready to start as soon as i was registered (4 days a week) then a week later my 2nd wee one started (also 4 days a week) have just signed up another wee one to start in jan for 1 day per week (but an 11 hour day) and his sister before/after school on the same day. I have 2 daughters who count in my over 5 number too. Have had an enquiry yesterday to take another wee one 2 days per week so if this one signs up then I will be full enough for me and wouldn't look to take anymore as would be nice to not hasve full 3 wee ones every day :)