PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to/going to a Panto ths year?

Maza
17-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Well have/are you? What did you see? Was it any good? I used to love them as a kid and am wondering if DD is old enough - she's just four. Not sure if I would just find them annoying now... Our closest big one is Wimbledon. Snow White with Pricilla Presley. x

k1rstie
17-12-2012, 02:10 PM
We go every year as a family on Boxing Day. Its a great atmosphere.

We have a local arts centre, and always see theirs. there are no celebs in it, so its cheaper than others with the cast of neighbours in them. A lot of the cast are the same each year, and my dd knows a few of the kids in the cast too.

Often there are water pistols, sweets thown out into the audiance, name checks for birthdays. Whats not to like??

We have been going for years, my youngest is 6, and loves it. 4 years ols is a great age to see it. Our local preschool do a trip to see the panto, so those kids are aged 2/ 3/ 4.

At South Hill Park, Bracknell this year is Dick whittington (I think), but what the story is reaally does not matter, its going and having fun that counts.

Saw Justin Fletcher 2 years ago in Reading - was a bit disappointed , as tickets were very expensive, and he was not as funny as I thought he would be.

A Panto is ideal for everyone. :laughing: :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :laughing:

lozzy23
17-12-2012, 02:34 PM
My mum has taken my children since they were little. 4yrs old is a perfect age for a panto.

My children are 18, 16 and 13 and still wanted to go to panto with their nan, but it is Peter Pan again and they have seen it twice, there is also a 'celebrity' hmmm.......... in it that they really do not want to see, so they are going for a meal with nan. Myself and DH can wrap their pressies.

charleyfarley
17-12-2012, 02:41 PM
My children's school went to see Cinderella this morning, so I shall hear all about it when I pick them up in a bit.
The school take them every year and the children love it. Last year dd's teacher had to go on stage along with a teacher from another school and he got a custard pie in his face :laughing: Good job he can take a joke.

We are off to see The Gruffalo's Child on Saturday, not a panto but we'll love it especially as it's the last day for the German Market in Brum :thumbsup:

Carol xx

JulieA
17-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Oh no we aren't! :laughing:

Well maybe after Christmas..

lynncjt
17-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh no we aren't! :laughing:

Well maybe after Christmas..

Oh yes you are! :laughing:

Helen Dempster
17-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm taking my 6yo to the panto this Friday, to see Jack and the Beanstalk....can't wait - I love panto!

(oh no she doesn't)
(oh yes she does)

Sorry, just getting into the spirit.... :laughing:

loocyloo
17-12-2012, 06:49 PM
We go every year as a family on Boxing Day. Its a great atmosphere.

We have a local arts centre, and always see theirs. there are no celebs in it, so its cheaper than others with the cast of neighbours in them. A lot of the cast are the same each year, and my dd knows a few of the kids in the cast too.

Often there are water pistols, sweets thown out into the audiance, name checks for birthdays. Whats not to like??

We have been going for years, my youngest is 6, and loves it. 4 years ols is a great age to see it. Our local preschool do a trip to see the panto, so those kids are aged 2/ 3/ 4.

At South Hill Park, Bracknell this year is Dick whittington (I think), but what the story is reaally does not matter, its going and having fun that counts.

Saw Justin Fletcher 2 years ago in Reading - was a bit disappointed , as tickets were very expensive, and he was not as funny as I thought he would be.

A Panto is ideal for everyone. :laughing: :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :laughing:

LOL! we might end up going to see the SHP panto ( jack & the beanstalk ), we're seeing family just after christmas and as my brother wrote the SHP panto & his girlfriend choreographed it, we might have to pop down!

i must say i agree, i've seen several 'big name' pantos and paid a small fortune for the priviledge and pretty much always been underwhelmed. alot of the 'big names' do not have the first idea about being on the stage! but we've gone because friends children were part of the dance troops! although actually, justin fletcher CAN do panto - i've seen him a few times, but i guess it depends on the script as to how much he can do.

mrs robbie williams
17-12-2012, 06:50 PM
think we are going to book one for new years day to finish xmas off before dh goes back to work :D

hulahooper
17-12-2012, 08:11 PM
We're talking our sons for the first time to see Aladdin next week. V excited.

Sent from my LT26i using Childminding Forum

caz3007
17-12-2012, 10:12 PM
We went last Friday to the panto at our local small theatre and it was brilliant. They did some great ad libbing from some light hearted heckling.

We had a just turned 3 year old in our party and she loved it, did get a bit fidgety at one point as it was quite long, but she soon settled again

miffy
17-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh yes we have! :D

We went on Saturday to see Robin Hood and Babes in the Wood and very good it was too!

Miffy xx

kel1983
17-12-2012, 10:24 PM
We use to go yearly when we were children. The last couple of years we have been going to the local (posh) theatre to see the youth theatre. Their shows were truly amazing. Due to the theatre undergoing work there is no show this year so we are going to a local town to see a good old pantomime. Its cinderella. Doesnt have anyone big in it but looking forward to it. Will be a nice end to the week.

scottishlass
17-12-2012, 10:40 PM
We are going to see puss in boots just after christmas - my girls have also went to cinderella last week with the school :)

mrs_scottydog
18-12-2012, 01:42 PM
When I was little we went every year. Not been to one for years but going with DH and DS on Friday, looking forward to it. Missed out when they went last year as DD was only a few weeks old but Grandma's babysitting!. :) Hx

samb
18-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Not exactly panto but we have tickets for Disney on Ice :clapping::):clapping: