PDA

View Full Version : Confused re letter from Ofsted

Jelly Baby
17-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Sure others have had (know of other minders but not to talk to) and sure on here but cant see anything.

So ive had this letter saying 'notice of intention to remove conditions of registration' panicking and not being able to get hold of my friend i called Ofsted who have an automated message saying if you have this letter basically carry on caring for the children you have etc? What does this mean then?

Thanks

Sarahbelle
17-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't panic, hun. Ofsted always send out a letter like this about a fortnight before they send you a new Certificate. Conditions of registration have changed under the new EYFS. I received this letter about a fortnight ago and have now received my new Certificate with the new wording on.

Hope this helps.

christine e
17-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Don't panic, hun. Ofsted always send out a letter like this about a fortnight before they send you a new Certificate. Conditions of registration have changed under the new EYFS. I received this letter about a fortnight ago and have now received my new Certificate with the new wording on.

Hope this helps.

Me too:thumbsup:

sarah707
17-12-2012, 05:44 PM

Hope this helps.

:clapping:

lisa1968
17-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Got my new certificate today and all my conditions of registration have been removed.....so I can do what I want LOL!!;)

jackie 7
18-12-2012, 09:45 AM
You wish! Just remember eyfs guidlines

VeggieSausage
18-12-2012, 09:47 AM
haven't had mine yet...

marnieb
18-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Got my new certificate today and all my conditions of registration have been removed.....so I can do what I want LOL!!;)

Unfortunaly round here there are a few minders who seem to think that's exactly what the new certificate means........ :(

Jelly Baby
18-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok lovely thanks! I am assuming we have to send the form back they ask for and the certificate gets ammended? Have most of you written to parents explaining the chnages?
Thanks

lynnfi
18-12-2012, 08:05 PM
The wording is always lovely isn't it?

I wonder, who thinks it is done on purpose??? :D

karensmart4
18-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I had mine about a week ago, when you first look at it, it's a bit frightening but it's quite harmless :D

Glad I read mine properly, they had the number of children wrong :panic:

lisa1968
18-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm sure there will be a few 'minders out there who will turn the changes around to their advantage. I'd be too scared of being caught out and reported!!

Sarahbelle
18-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Ok lovely thanks! I am assuming we have to send the form back they ask for and the certificate gets ammended? Have most of you written to parents explaining the chnages?
Thanks

I didn't send the form back Jelly Baby - I think that you only have to send that back if you need your Certificate with the new wording asap otherwise your new Certificate should come anyway in a couple of weeks.

Jelly Baby
20-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Ah i see ok, just signed and put in envelope grr but will leave it as not like theirs loads fo work to be abe to aquire a new child anyway!

have you told parents about this change? I am going to offer overnight care as have the room etc is this something anyone else is going to do that they did not do before?

Thanks