PDA

View Full Version : Taking photos off your camera/phone etc

samb
17-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Oh my word - this is taking me soooooo long! I put it off for so long as I just can't face having to sit and copy the pics into the different files and then it takes soooooo long! I have photos on my camera that I print off for the lj's using a pogo but then every now and again I have to take them off and put them in the child's folder on the computer. Then I take some on my phone when we are out and about and as it is an iphone it won't link to my pogo so I have to take them all off and sort them and print from computer. It is driving me mad!

watgem
17-12-2012, 01:32 PM
does your printer have a memory card slot? I just whip my card out of the camera and into the printer, view and print the ones I want then delete the others, obviously no good if your printer doesn't have one though but does save a lot of timexxx

sarah707
17-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I do them monthly and then delete off my camera.

I don't hang on to photos longer than they are absolutely necessary either on advice from the Information Commissioners Office :D

samb
18-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes I do have a slot but my system of taking them off is to put photos in individual child's folders so if a photo is of 4 different children I put it in each child's folder. Although now I have written that down - why on earth do I need to do that?! What do you guys do? Do you literally put that months on the computer, print the ones you need, delete the ones you don't and then move on next month? I like to save some for my termly newsletter and each year I update photos in my prospectus but like you say Sarah, you're not really meant to keep photos indefinitely either. What about photos where your own children are in them with mindees? I do keep these in a file within my childminding stuff on my computer and not within our usual family photos.

Oh dear I think I many have been completely wasting my time for the last couple of years!!!

Buttonsjan
18-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi, I don't have a file per child - I have one for childminding and then at the end of every month I just go through the pics and tag each child. Then if I want I can call up that child's photos, not sure if that's any help!

SYLVIA
19-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't store photos. I take them on camera, decide at the end of the month what ones will go in LJ, some for display which will eventually end up in LJ or in a book for Xmas pressie for parents and some for my book that `i show to new parents. Print these and delete the rest