PDA

View Full Version : Xmas activites

kayz90
17-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi I want some activities to do this week pls

We have already done decopatch Xmas frames, Xmas cards, Rudolph hand and foot prints, Xmas colouring competitions, songs, Xmas films and books
Xx

christine e
17-12-2012, 09:48 AM
How about a trip out somewhere - many farm parks have special events around the nativity animals. One of our local farm parks had an animal petting station in our local market - they brought along a donkey, a sheep with a couple of lambs and a goat and two tiny babies - the children loved it! We have since been learning the song 'Riding on a Donkey'

Dragonfly
17-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes a trip out sounds good, sometimes you can get too christmas activities out:) if you know what I mean ( I do anyway!)

christine e
17-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Yes a trip out sounds good, sometimes you can get too christmas activities out:) if you know what I mean ( I do anyway!)

I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I popped in to see a childminder friend who had just got home from collecting her minded children from pre school and was surprised to see them all sat at the table planting hyacinth bulbs the poor children looked totally shell shocked and not in the least bit interested in what they were doing but the childminder had it planned so they were doing it! That image has stayed with me for many years and reminds me no to overdue any theme.

christine e
17-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I popped in to see a childminder friend who had just got home from collecting her minded children from pre school and was surprised to see them all sat at the table planting hyacinth bulbs the poor children looked totally shell shocked and not in the least bit interested in what they were doing but the childminder had it planned so they were doing it! That image has stayed with me for many years and reminds me no to overdue any theme.

That should have been over do not overdue :laughing:

SYLVIA
17-12-2012, 11:20 AM
We have 2 sunny days forecast for her so we will be off out for a walk and a play in the park then just free play and games at home. They need a bit of chill time here because we have done lots already

mindingmummy08
17-12-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm running out of steam to be honest but today I pulled it together. By friday last week I just couldn't find the enthusiasm, had a really nice weekend though so I think it's back.

I sat down and cut out shapes from diff coloured paper, white circles, tiny orange triangles, little black squares and gold rectangles. We made a snowman collage on black card from them and sprinkled glitter all over for snow. Really easy and no fuss. We then went to feed the ducks and a stroll around the park as it's quite warm today.

I don't plan on doing anything else today the girls are fast asleep now and after school we're going to put the polar express on and eat some homemade popcorn.

Tomorrow it's a xmas party at toddlers then wed I'm not working, thurs will be christmas card making and fri will literally be free play as I de-childmind the house for the holiday. Maybe have a christmas movie and more popcorn lol.