PDA

View Full Version : Can adhoc be included in continuity of care?

jo.jo76
15-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi

I have a little one who I have been doing adhoc care for, once or twice a month but I am now full. What I am wondering is, am I still able to take her with a variation on occasion as continuity of care?

I know the answer is probably no but just feel guilty at having to say no to mum

Thank you
Jo

Mouse
15-12-2012, 08:03 PM
From experience I would say yes.

I looked after a lo whenever his cm went on holiday. I had him maybe twice a year, a week at a time. I could always have him as I had a free space. When I filled the space I told his mum I wouldn't be able to do the holiday cover any more, so she was prepared to look for someone different.

Then his cm was taken ill and the family needed urgent cover. They hadn't had time to sort anyone else out & asked if I could have lo. I phoned Ofsted and asked. Not only did they say yes, under continuity of care, but they suggested I had a permanent variation for him so I could have him any time parents needed me to.

I don't see that your situation is really any different.

jo.jo76
15-12-2012, 08:06 PM

I looked after a lo whenever his cm went on holiday. I had him maybe twice a year, a week at a time. I could always have him as I had a free space. When I filled the space I told his mum I wouldn't be able to do the holiday cover any more, so she was prepared to look for someone different.

Then his cm was taken ill and the family needed urgent cover. They hadn't had time to sort anyone else out & asked if I could have lo. I phoned Ofsted and asked. Not only did they say yes, under continuity of care, but they suggested I had a permanent variation for him so I could have him any time parents needed me to.

Oh really, that is interesting, thank you. It would be a shame not to have her when the family can't as she knows me and is happy here

blue bear
15-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Thank you for that mouse, that could just be the answer to my problem