PDA

View Full Version : Parents still not turned up....

Fitrix
14-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Pick up was at 5pm. Dad rang at 5.45 to say mum who is collecting has broken down and checked I had her phone numbers. It is now 6.10 and despite ringing both her phones and his to try and find out when children might be collected i have heard nothing. What should I do? When is it right to call social services? They are fairly new parents and have been really late without calling to let me know 3 times now. I have plans this evening!!??

funemnx
14-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Dad should have collected or sent someone else round for the children! Time for a serious chat methinks :thumbsup:

karens knippers
14-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Personally I would keep trying and if nothing I would text to remind them of how long it will be before you phone ss from your policy and you will take this time from the last contact you had from them. I would then review your collection policy and give family family another copy. let us know if and when they do collect

It's a small world
14-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Have they been in touch or collected yet? Could you text them to say you are contacting emergency contact see if that gets a response? Or just keep trying ? Do you have emergency contacts ?

Fitrix
14-12-2012, 06:34 PM
6.30 and still heard nothing!!! Have rung all three phones but no answer! ?? There's no way 3 phones are out of charge? The other emergency contact isn't answering either! I'm really fed up now. :(

scottishlass
14-12-2012, 06:37 PM
That is really bad - only excuse for being that late would be if there had been a serious accident etc which you know there hasn't - poor child too! :)

It's a small world
14-12-2012, 06:38 PM
6.30 and still heard nothing!!! Have rung all three phones but no answer! ?? There's no way 3 phones are out of charge? The other emergency contact isn't answering either! I'm really fed up now. :(

How many emergency contacts do you have ? I ask for 2 x sending hugs not sure what to do ! Maybe you should call SS what if something had happened to them ? Maybe one last text to say worried and will have to call ss if they dont get in touch ? Hopefully someone more experienced will be along soon xx

FussyElmo
14-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Have you left voice mails or texts?

Think I would be doing both and saying if you havent heard from them by a certain time you will have no alternative but to ring SS.

gegele
14-12-2012, 06:44 PM
usually if you mention the SS in a message you get quite a quick answer!!

it can't be nice for mum to have broken down but surely they should get in touch

any news?

linzi133
14-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I would be mentioning SS in my message too. And if they hadn't picked up by 7pm I would be ringing regardless!

I hope it all works out ok!

X x x

Fitrix
14-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks so much for support! I did text and leave voicemails. She just turned up - 6.50 - no apology and seemed flabbergasted that I was annoyed she/her husband had not kept me informed or answered their phones!! She also hasn't paid this week yet..... But says she has paid into childcare vouchers. Got a feeling she's been Christmas shopping tonight and is planning on not returning after Christmas.....

scottishlass
14-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Glad she finally showed up - what a joke - hope you get the money from her!! hope its not too late for u to still do your plans!

Fitrix
14-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks all. Our evening plans were scuppered - I'd promised the older kids an activity before young one went to bed but had to let them down. I just don't undestand that she says her phones show no texts or calls or voicemails from me. She also says she still hadnt put my phone numbers into her new phone (the last occasion she was half an hour late she said she'd got a new phone and hasn't put my number in). Does this not strike everyone as odd? And what are the chances of me giving notice with immediate effect on the grounds of it being a safeguarding issue if she is always uncontactable!??

heidilunn
14-12-2012, 08:40 PM
maybe ask her to put your numbers in, while shes there in front of you?!
If i had children i would make sure i was contactable for emergencies - i thought any parent would do that?! definatly odd i think.

Could you contact ofsted for some advice?

gegele
14-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Any of my parents would have been scared with just 1 look....THE LOOK!!!

I would have said that it was unacceptable and disrespectful to expect you to just wait and be there, that you had plan...knowing me I may have said I had tickets or reservation... and that it will NEVER happen again as next time you cannot reach anyone they''ll have to go and pick up their children at the social services!!!!
I think I would put it in writing as well with a copy of late collection policy.

I would be soooooooo angry at the lack of apologies and the disrespect of just expecting me there..gggrrrrr

nip it in the bud now. and try to getyour money asap.. good luck

caz3007
14-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Almost 2 hours late!!! Thats totally unacceptable and I would be making sure they knew that. Even him letting you know 45 minutes after pick up is also unacceptable.

I think I would be writing them a stern letter, a copy of my policy and an invoice saying if its not paid by the next day of care, then there is no care and your late payment charge will apply

Good luck and you dont need parents like this, so if they dont come back after xmas as long as you have been paid, then so be it

JCrakers
14-12-2012, 10:55 PM
This would definitly not be on. I couldn't work with someone like this. I have 10 sets of parents and not one would even think about treating me like that...

Nearly 2 hrs late and not a batter of an eyelid is shocking. I would definitely be giving notice. There has to be respect on both parts for me to work with someone :)

The Juggler
14-12-2012, 11:04 PM
i would have strong words on monday (followed by a letter confirming what I said). tell them how your family plans were ruined and your policies on pick ups, late pick ups, emergency contacts and no-shows.

Tell them if there is ANY repeat of this you will be faced with no alternative than to call ss. In addition the money owed will be with you by end of Monday or you will not have the children until fees are paid up to date (check with your insurer over weekend) but I would def. do this.:thumbsup:

heidilunn
14-12-2012, 11:06 PM
i would also be charging double time for the extra two hours, which may of been classed of out of work hours??

wellybelly
15-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I charge £5 for every 15 minutes they are late, its in my contract which all my parents sign. A big bill for being 2 hours late should kick them into gear and if they wouldn't pay, then goodbye! I would also have mentioned SS aswell as what else were you meant to think?