PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party!

LittleLegsCM
13-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Hello again lovely people!

Are you doing a Christmas party for your mindees???
I've decided to do one for mine after school next Thursday but was just wondering what things we could get up to, to keep them entertained?! There will be a 2yo, a nearly 3yo, 2 5yos & a (grumpy) 9yo. Any suggestions??

(They will be making their party hats tues/weds evening) x

lynncjt
13-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I've wimped out of doing a party but am doing an 'XMAS tea' next Monday as I will have most of my mindees that day. Ages 2.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 and 10.

Think I will just get out some of my large house moving boxes and let them play with them - keeps them occupied for ages!

It's a small world
13-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Im doing a tea party and we are having a cinema day - tickets , popcorn etc in the morning we are doing a couple of games but have children of all ages and with me at various times throughout the day so will be all over the place :-)

amirose
13-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm doing one :) we're going to play pass the parcel, musical trees (stand like a tree when the music stops), reindeer relay races - crawl on all fours with a red nose (use Vaseline to make it stick!), pass the ornament (whoevers holding it is out keep going till only one left standing!), pin the carrot on the snowman and a blind snowman drawing competition lol!
We've got a buffet party tea and I've made them all chridtmas party bags to take home with a personalised good child certificate, candy cane, chocolate lolly and make your own Christmas badge kit :)
I'm not excited at all :D lol!

jackie 7
13-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I am having one but NO children. I have invited a nice bottle of wine and it said yes!! Will be going to Dublin to spend Christmas with my crazy mother great sister who looks after her and will need wine as my brother and family will visit hoping to get money. Oh I do like Christmas but so enjoy it when I get back here to peace and warmth!

samb
13-12-2012, 10:56 PM
We are going to 2 different ones at toddler groups we regulalry attend anyway and so I am not doing a specific one at home. The ones that won't be at them are the ones who go to nursery/school and will be having parties there instead.

sarah707
14-12-2012, 07:57 AM
We have already had our Christmas dinner - we chose a night when lots of children were here - and we have gifts for them all.

They are having great fun with my Christmas crafts box at the moment but we're not doing anything else they all seem so tired at the moment it's been such a long half term.

Enjoy your party amirose it sounds like great fun! :clapping: :D

Toothfairy
14-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm not doing a christmas Party this year as some of my mindee's have broken up already and some are with me til the end of next week.
So instead, on Wednesday we had a day out visiting Santa and had a lovely lunch out. When we got home, one of the Mums had given me a 'Pass the Parcel' game to play with the children (she made sure all the children had a small gift within the wrappers and that the final prezzie was also one each, bless her).

kel1983
14-12-2012, 08:38 AM
We are hving ours after school next thursday. he only problem is the school decided to have their school disco the same evening. This means the 3 school children we have will literally be here for about 45 mins. We have arranged for FC to come and visit too to give children the presents.

bunyip
14-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not doing a special party at my home for the lo's - and it's not just down to my personal hatred of Christmas, either.

What with all the different toddler groups, childminder's groups, plus things they attend with parents, my mindees have attended up to 6 parties already, so they are exactly missing out on anything. It doesn't help that one is absolutely petrified of Santa whilst my grand-daughter wants to know why thre are so many Father Christmases and why do they all look different? :panic:

We're just doing Christmassy crafts, songs, stories, and eating more chocolate than usual. :)

manjay
14-12-2012, 10:11 AM
This year is the first time I have a child who doesn't celebrate Christmas. I have enjoyed the challenge of scrutinising the inclusivity of my setting balancing the needs of children who do celebrate it and the ones that don't. So no we won't be having a specific 'Christmas' party but then everyday is party day here:D

VeggieSausage
14-12-2012, 10:34 AM
We had ours on wednesday - played pass the advent calendar, musical statues, made hats and cards, party tea, christmas songs.....the end, Veggie sausage exhausted and in need of a large glass of wine.....

watgem
14-12-2012, 02:26 PM
we' normally organise a party between all of the childminders however this hasn't happened this year so me and a CM friend a doing a Christmas picnic after school next week with goody bags and individual picnic lunch for the ones that can't make it, but they are definitely all a bit tired and jaded with it all I think

SYLVIA
14-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I wasn't planning a party but i have now got 10 children here after school on thursday; a couple are just popping in to see me after school. So I've roped in a couple of helpers and having a buffet tea. will probably let them play and give them party bags to go home with. Hoping it ends at 6 though!

sineadquinn
14-12-2012, 08:16 PM
All sounds so fun I wish I had some children to do a party for :-( I guess me and my son can have your own little party ;-)

karensmart4
15-12-2012, 03:11 PM
We are.... We are :clapping:

We're having ours on friday, we have 18 children coming .. me, my co-minder and our assistant plus a few mums to help out (schools close on thurs and teacher parents have offered to help :thumbsup:)

We will start by making hats and badges, have lots of balloons about and music playing.... tried doing party games last year but the children are too young (they cry when you take a chair away and when they're out they go back in :laughing:

We will finish with drawing the tickets for our Hamper raffle and Lucky dip raffle :jump for joy:

Oh and I have a gift for each child plus a party bag ...... Happy Christmas Everyone :thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-12-2012, 03:18 PM
mine all have parties at school, plus at toddlers, so i'm not doing anything as such. as sarah707 said, schoolies are shattered and no one has much energy for doing anything afterschool! we have a different craft everyday afterschool in december, so we'll be doing that ( if they want to ) and i'm going to do sausages in bacon plus roast tatties etc for tea on thursday.

fionamadcat
15-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Not going to do a specific party as the little ones have done parties already at toddler groups/nursery etc but when school comes out on friday at 12.30 we will do a buffet style lunch as everyone will be here and then I will give them their presents. My 2 siblings get picked up by their granny on a friday so I will then just have a 2.5 yr old and my nearly 5 yr old schoolie so think we will just do a few more crafty things.

blue bear
15-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I've never dome a Christmas party, we do birthday parties though and at Christmas time we go to toddlers Christmas parties. On The last Monday I have my two longest cared for mindees and we are going out to lunch with all the excitement of it being Christmas eve thrown in.