PDA

View Full Version : 5yo mindee & shoes!!!

LittleLegsCM
13-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Need some advice please!

Have a mindee, 5.5yo, who comes out of school everyday with her shoes on the wrong feet. I also have to check before we leave in the morning as she's always putting them on wrong then too. This morning her mum reminded her buckle goes outward, I had to again before school and again just now when collecting her!

Anyone got any advice as to how we can get her to remember without literally tippexing 'L' & 'R' on either side! Lol x

singingcactus
13-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Draw a cat face on the outside inner of one, and a dog face on the outside inner of the other. Then she needs to remember to make sure the dog and the cat are not next to each other or they will fight in her shoes while her feet are in there :eek:.

Or if you are too nice for that, draw a kissy face on the inside inner of both so they have to be kissing when she wears the shoes, or they will be sad.

Katie1980
13-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Draw a cat face on the outside inner of one, and a dog face on the outside inner of the other. Then she needs to remember to make sure the dog and the cat are not next to each other or they will fight in her shoes while her feet are in there :eek:.

Or if you are too nice for that, draw a kissy face on the inside inner of both so they have to be kissing when she wears the shoes, or they will be sad.

Can I borrow this for my 5yo neice she struggles to get shoes on right feet. I cracked the getting dressed on her own with using clothes with images on the front etc so this would be ideal x

mammumof4
13-12-2012, 05:32 PM
What a fab idea!!! Don't have this problem at the moment but definetly storing that one in my brain for future reference!

nipper
13-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I used to write AL on my son's left plimpsoll and EX on the right one when he did PE in pre school. They were easy to get on though.

His name is ALEX

k1rstie
13-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I have a mindee (nearly 4) who also has a shoe problem. She does wiggle her feet over the shoes and hopes they will jump on her feet, and will not look at what she is actually doing , so that doesnt help either

I made a shoe map for her.

I put the soles of the shoes on the scanner and did a scan of the sole (black shoes do not work!)

I then cut them out and laminated them next to each other. Now when she removes her shoes, she places them on her mat (with each shoe over the correct sole shape), so they are the right way round when she puts them back on.

Did a set for her lilly kellys, as they had a pretty pattern, for her school shoes (with a black sole), I just put them on an ink pad.

Did a set for home too.

Worked quite well

lynncjt
13-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I have a mindee (nearly 4) who also has a shoe problem. She does wiggle her feet over the shoes and hopes they will jump on her feet, and will not look at what she is actually doing , so that doesnt help either

I made a shoe map for her.

I put the soles of the shoes on the scanner and did a scan of the sole (black shoes do not work!)

I then cut them out and laminated them next to each other. Now when she removes her shoes, she places them on her mat (with each shoe over the correct sole shape), so they are the right way round when she puts them back on.

Did a set for her lilly kellys, as they had a pretty pattern, for her school shoes (with a black sole), I just put them on an ink pad.

Did a set for home too.

Worked quite well

I think this is a brilliant idea! Think I may have to copy.

freckleonear
14-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Cut a sticker in half and stick each half inside a shoe. To put them on, she needs to arrange them so that the sticker halves match up.

sarah707
14-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Paint arrows in the shoes pointing towards each other -> <-

A friend used to do this with tippex - it lasted a few months then she renewed it :D

hectors house
14-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I like the idea of a shoe map, mine aren't too bad with shoes but I have a mindee who will not hold a pen properly - (he just forgets everytime he changes colour and picks up different pen - now I draw a line on his hand on the webbed bit of skin between thumb and fore finger and tell him the pen has to rest on that - it is working so well that all the other mindees want pen mark too!