PDA

View Full Version : Find it hard to say no

pinklady756
13-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Does anyone else find it hard to say no to parents, I always end up accomodating whatever they need, waive late fees, last minute changes, pick off/drop offs (which I don't actually offer) etc..... I know I'm too nice.

I have one family with siblings who come 3 days a week over 4 days it varies week to week depending on shifts. Suffice to say they don't pay to hold space for 4th day so I'm the one who misses out. It didn't start out like this as they were 2 set days a week. After Christmas hours are reducing to 2.5 days which they still want over the 4 :(

Are there others out there like me? Wish I could be strict.

vdubnut
13-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah I used to be a bit like that , but now I'm a bit tougher , my fulltimers get the rough end if the deal with me but I'm a little less strict with 'floating ' part timers most of which I've had for years so I've had my moneys worth out of them and feel I can accommodate them more freely although some parents do take the **** !

kel1983
13-12-2012, 03:23 PM
We find it hard to say no. Im hoping for good presents from our families this year :)

We have started to put our foot down a little bit more. We just have such lovely families we find it hard to say no. :blush:

Chimps Childminding
13-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I've been doing this job almost 15 years and still have a job to say no!!! My head says it, but my mouth just says yes, or ok, or not a problem :angry: Malfunction occurs somewhere between brain and mouth!!!!! I wouldn't mind if the parents appreciated it, but tbh I don't really think they do!!!!

Note to self for starting back to work next year - get a backbone :D

Chimps Childminding
13-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Sorry - posted same thing twice :blush:

sarah707
13-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I have learned over the years - now I only say 'yes' if it suits me :D

WibbleWobble
13-12-2012, 05:48 PM
i have a nice pair of hairy balls for rent (free) they are recently cleaned and still warm from use (by me today)

will send them over

wibble xxxxxx

SYLVIA
13-12-2012, 07:06 PM
I think its something we learn over the years. I say yes if it suits me and fits in. I ply ball more with parents that do not mess me about and take me willingness for granted. Sometimes the occasional "No" sorts things out

TooEarlyForGin?
13-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I've been doing this job almost 15 years and still have a job to say no!!! My head says it, but my mouth just says yes, or ok, or not a problem :angry: Malfunction occurs somewhere between brain and mouth!!!!! I wouldn't mind if the parents appreciated it, but tbh I don't really think they do!!!!

Note to self for starting back to work next year - get a backbone :D

I have recently found out that they definitely DON'T appreciate it. After 10 years and NO sick days only 3 weeks holiday this year, I had a health scare and needed a couple of scans. You would have thought I'd asked for a month off to go on a beach holiday, it has left a real nasty taste in my mouth, so I will be a lot less accommodating from now on.