PDA

View Full Version : And my minded child had arrived....

mammumof4
13-12-2012, 02:37 PM
.... Wearing shorts!!!!!! :0

Thought I had seen it all!!

dette
13-12-2012, 02:49 PM
you've got to be kidding !!!! thats terrible

RuthJ
13-12-2012, 03:13 PM
:eek::panic:

Mouse
13-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Did parents send any other clothes?

I have often had mindees turn up in all sorts of bizarre outfots, but usually parents send extra clothes in case they need changing. I used to have one little boy would turn up in his fairy dress. I dropped him off at nursery after lunch, so mum always sent a change of clothes :)

vdubnut
13-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I hand the opposite , being all polish or Czech they come wearing tights (boys aswel ) socks trousers , boots , hat scalf , gloves and blankets , I wouldn't mind but they come in the car ! Bit of overkill if you ask me

mammumof4
13-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I didn't realise untill mum had gone as she was asleep in the pushchair! No vest, T-shirt, thin cardy, shorts and long socks. No shoes, no hat ect no coat, and a thin blanket over her.
Had a right mad rush running round the house trying to find clothing for the school run. She has so many vests, jumpers and hats of my daughters, it never comes back!! :(
I mentioned it to mum when she collected but she was more interested in telling me about her new ugg boots!!!

mammumof4
13-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Spare change of clothes in nappy bag was a pajama top and one sock!!

Bananabrain
13-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Breathtaking!!!!!

k1rstie
13-12-2012, 07:10 PM
My friend had a similar event yesturday-

after a particularly nasty nappy yesterday, the tights under the trousers had to be removed.

Only thing in the bag that was suitable was the hand knitted mittons! She looked a picture on the school run wearing a pair of mittons on her feet !:jump for joy:

chriss
13-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Always glad of a chuckle....at no ones expense may I add ;)

mushpea
13-12-2012, 08:54 PM
oh bless thats awful however i wont put my kids clothes on mindees anymore, one little girl got soaked in the rain so I put my sons shorts and my daughters far to big tshirt on her so she was at least dry, mother had a fit and basicly said the clothes were a joke, my daughter was very upset and I told the mother that next time her daughter got wet she would stay wet, I was not amused.
prehaps putting yoru daughters clothes on her for the time shes with you then take them off again when she goes home so you dont loose anymore clothes or just wrap her in lots of blankets.

It's a small world
13-12-2012, 08:57 PM
My mindee some times turns up in shorts but parents always put thick tights on underneath x

caz3007
14-12-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't realise untill mum had gone as she was asleep in the pushchair! No vest, T-shirt, thin cardy, shorts and long socks. No shoes, no hat ect no coat, and a thin blanket over her.
Had a right mad rush running round the house trying to find clothing for the school run. She has so many vests, jumpers and hats of my daughters, it never comes back!! :(
I mentioned it to mum when she collected but she was more interested in telling me about her new ugg boots!!!

I would put the child in my clothes for the school run but change her back out of them at home time.

mammumof4
14-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I will do this in future. I can't afford to give my daughters clothes away.
I just feel so bad for the child as they walk home, not to mention the coughs and colds she keeps passing on to the whole house!

maxie77
16-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I have one the same as well. Just t.shirts when its snowing outside and no proper winter coat when parents know i have to pick up from school,it makes me really mad. I've also put clothes of my daughters on her to never get them back:mad: