PDA

View Full Version : Parent meeting ideas needed please

buttonmoon11
13-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I have a potential client coming tomorrow after school with her 2 school age children. Mum only needs 1.5 hrs a week after school care so there's not a huge amount to go through. What do you think would be a good activity to set up for the children to do whilst we chat?

Please help, not had schoolies before

Tunja
13-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I have a potential client coming tomorrow after school with her 2 school age children. Mum only needs 1.5 hrs a week after school care so there's not a huge amount to go through. What do you think would be a good activity to set up for the children to do whilst we chat?

The activity will need to be appropriate for the ages of the children which you do not mention. It will keep them occupied so you can talk to the parent.

buttonmoon11
13-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi

They are 7&9

mushpea
13-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I normally just show them the play room and let them get the toys out or have a chat with the children and see what they like to do. mine are big in to arts and crafts at the moment and love things like hama beads, lego, drawing, baking etc. how about a simple christmas craft or some christmas colouring sheets you can print off.

buttonmoon11
13-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I normally just show them the play room and let them get the toys out or have a chat with the children and see what they like to do. mine are big in to arts and crafts at the moment and love things like hama beads, lego, drawing, baking etc. how about a simple christmas craft or some christmas colouring sheets you can print off.

Thank you, I like the Christmas craft idea. I don't have a playroom so I'm restricted there. I may get the craft things out and set them down on the dining table

k1rstie
13-12-2012, 02:21 PM
as Mushpea suggets Hama beads are brill for girls. Boys like them too if you have cars, boy figures, I have a gekco/lizardy thing which is always popular