PDA

View Full Version : Help what to say and do

Chell83
11-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone just been registered yay!
I haven't had any enquires as of yet but just wondering what to say when someone rings and enquires want to be as professional as possible, also what to do when they do come round for first time?

Thank you

Rick
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone just been registered yay!
I haven't had any enquires as of yet but just wondering what to say when someone rings and enquires want to be as professional as possible, also what to do when they do come round for first time?

Thank you

I am in the same position. Not had a phone call yet. The sisters I mind were known to me before childminding.

As for phone calls, I would assume every time the phone rings that it is a parent so be polite when you answer. If it is a friend, you can be normal again! I would just get their requirements, be interested about the child etc. It may be you can't fulfil their requirements so no point going much further than that to start with. If all seems well, make an appointment. I always keep my diary near the phone so I'm not searching for it mid-call!

As for the actual visit, obviously clean and tidy looks good. I don't know if you have our own child, if yes then you could get an activity going and encourage parent's little one to get involved. Get all age appropriate toys out. A four year old won't be interested in the play gym or walker! Play and interact with little one during visit, put children's artwork up if you have some examples. Don't forget, the parent will be just as nervous, so try and put them at ease and show you are a competent person with children.

Hopefully you (and I) will get moe enquiries soon!

HTH

~Grasshopper~
11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
hi congrats.

i try to be as friendly as possible on the phone and ask. childs age, what they require, were they live and for mums name and phone number. then arrange a visit and answer any questions they have.

I have a portfolio full of info about me and my family, my menu, usual routine, all my certificates, crbs, references, cards from past clients, all my policies that i give them to read through.

i also have a leaflet with about me on, prices, when im open, when i need payments ect for them to take home.

i then clean like mad and try to be relaxed. i dont show people around my house, we just sit in my living room and have a chat. i tell them about my day and my children and what groups we go to ect.

Always works for me.

When i was looking for a childminder myself i choose the lady with the messy house and happy children that i felt happy with, i say one local minder (now now runs the playgroup i attend lol) her house was musty and the children looked scared to death lol.

xxgood luck xx