PDA

View Full Version : NEWS

sarah c
11-12-2012, 08:03 AM
BBC News - Ministers 'plan childcare change' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20669750)

sarah707
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you for sharing Sarah. I think the general consensus is that they don't have a clue what they are talking about :rolleyes:

melco
11-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't want to look after more children than I already do so would not be charging less that what I charge now, I would be pulling my hair out if I had that many children and to be honest would enjoy my job a lot less if I was stressed!!

sarah c
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
if they did our job for a day they wouldn't be saying what they are

Bluebell
11-12-2012, 08:34 PM
hmm - what a load of rubish. More children for less money but they admit we are too low paid!
Add to this the insulting comment to pre-school and nursery workers that they can 'increase numbers' of children and this won't lead to less care for children but better care because the extra money ' will attract better qualified / quality staff.' The staff now do it for love as it sure as heck isn't for the money I don't see how attracting people to do it for the money will improve the staffing. ALthough it would be nice for everyone in this country that provides childcare to be paid a more decent wage! Perhaps if the governement subsidised our income directly then parents would benefit with lower cost childcare and we could have a higher wage. Oh right we're in a recession because all our money went on politicians and bankers!