PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning sheets

jashol
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
how many of you fill this in daily ?

and how many of you plan the full week in advance?

which do you find works best for you ?

miffy
10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
I usually have some ideas for what we'll do each week based on what the children are interested in, what festivals or occasions there are that week but I never fill in a weeks plan in advance. It would be a waste of time as often we go off in a different direction from what I've thought - we might go out n a trip with another cm or take advantage of a nice day to do things outdoors etc.

Half the fun of the job is to be able to do things On the spur of the moment.

Miffy xx

julie w
11-12-2012, 06:37 AM
I find this difficult. I always have ideas, but most days we do whatever seems right at the time. However my DO says by not planning we are not proving that we are showing the 'next steps' following any observations, so we need to plan.

adele1985
11-12-2012, 08:14 AM
i used to do weekly planning but decided to stop as i was just repeating my self though my learning journals in these i have

observations
which have detail of activities or new acheivements as well as links to what areas of learning the obs covers, the next steps and either a photo or example of work

baseline assessment
i do these every couplwe of months or so and includes a section for each area of learning which i fill in to say what the child has acheived regarding this area of learning, i also have a esction for paretns to fill in to cover things they have noticed at home

individual learning plan
this is donr at the same time as the baseline and is designed the same way - i put how the child could improve in all areas of learning i also look at what the child is intrested in and try and plan activities around this - parents also have a section to fill in for any other information they wish to share

scrap book
i keep this just to look back on activities we have done through out the year every activity has gots its own a4 page decribing what we done and hoe it went as well as pictures and examples of work

planning
All i do for this is make a list of activities i would like to do normally within a month and then just log it in my planning i dont do a evaluation or next steps for planning as i find its normally been coverd either in the learning journals or in the scrap book

lol sorry very long post but i like to explain myself :)

loocyloo
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I usually have some ideas for what we'll do each week based on what the children are interested in, what festivals or occasions there are that week but I never fill in a weeks plan in advance. It would be a waste of time as often we go off in a different direction from what I've thought - we might go out n a trip with another cm or take advantage of a nice day to do things outdoors etc.

Half the fun of the job is to be able to do things On the spur of the moment.

Miffy xx

i have a weekly grid that i fill out with toddlers, library etc, then add in any particular things i plan like baking or feeding the ducks, plus i write in sleeps, school runs etc

however, things frequently change and i just scribble on grid what we've done instead ( ie the other week i had planned to feed the ducks, but it was too icy to take the car! or LOs wanted the duplo out and we built tall towers & looked at tall towers on the internet )

i then file these!

x