PDA

View Full Version : wohooo another baby signed up / How to become accredited?

kel1983
10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Very excited and great news for us. Had another family sign up with us today with an 8 month old. Its great peace of mind as we have a 3 year old leaving us for nursery (government funding :angry:) We have signed up a 2 x 1 year olds in the past 2 months which is really nice. They are so much easier than the 2+ year olds

We have another that is due to start nursery after easter and her mum would prefer her to stay with us. I know in order to get the 3 year old funding we have to become accredited. Any idea hw we go about this? Is it possible?

Pixie dust
10-12-2012, 07:37 PM
We have another that is due to start nursery after easter and her mum would prefer her to stay with us. I know in order to get the 3 year old funding we have to become accredited. Any idea hw we go about this? Is it possible

You need to talk to your local early years team as every county has their own criteria so it really depends where you are.

moggy
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
You need to talk to your local early years team as every county has their own criteria so it really depends where you are.

That is right, everywhere is different. Often it is something like have a good or outstanding, have Level 3 and then be checked by a network coordinator and fill in forms to show best practice in all areas with annual reviews by a network coordinator. But some areas do not have networks so it all depends... call your Local Authority/Early Years team. Remember to ask what £ per hour is for 3 year old funding- here it is well below usual CM going rate so not much point doing it, sadly.

vals
11-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I have to join the network, for which I need my level 3, for which there is funding. So have started the ball rolling, network paperwork started, course found, funding application for in. Then the funding team ring - to qualify for funding for my level 3 I need to be in the Network and be offerring the free entitlement! I am hoping common sense will prevail!