PDA

View Full Version : Own website

bernesewalking
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Can someone give me any help on how to design a website for my business, must be cheap and very easy to do :blush:

Rick
10-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi!

I have used the website Moonfruit to design my website. Takes a little while to work out how to use it but there are useful guides. It is also free although you are limited to 5 photos and 15 pages which for me was all I needed.

I initially thought I'd have to pay for a website and pay someone to do it for me but it really is quite simple with this website or several others

HTH

bernesewalking
10-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your reply, will have a look :)

loocyloo
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
pauline ( one of the mods on this site ) did my website.

if you click on childminding help at the top of the page, then half to 2/3s of the way down on left side click on 'need a website' and all the info is there. pauline is amazingly helpful and doesn't charge very much.

good luck x

hectors house
10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Trouble is with alot of websites they don't look expensive to build until you realise you have to pay monthly or annual fee - I am still looking into getting one, so will look at the Moonfruit one, Rick mentioned.

bernesewalking
10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks again for replies, those that have their own websites do you get much bussiness through them?

sarah707
10-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I get a lot of business through mine - but then it's at the top of Google ratings and I have worked really hard getting reciprocal links.

Pauline our forum administrator does lovely websites - Childminders and Childminding Websites (http://www.childminderswebsites.co.uk/)

Hth :D

loocyloo
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
DH tried out a free website on moonfruit, but after a month he had to pay a fee, he didn't and it vanished!

i get quite a lot of contact through my website, i come up in google searches and i have my website linked to my FIS listing.

Bluebell
10-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I use wix I've had loads of compliments on it and get a lot of business through it. It is a template so you just upload your own words/photos on to their design which makes it very easy. If it ceases or expects me to pay then I will reconsider but it has definately been worth it. I have recently added loads including my policies and maybe now its too 'busy' but people will look at what they want I guess and not worry about the rest. You are welcome to have a look - there are links on it advertsising their service

http:www.wix.combluelionchildcarehappylittlelions Ofsted childminder Kingsbridge Devon | Wix.com (http://www.bluelionchildcare.co.uk)

Rick
11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
DH tried out a free website on moonfruit, but after a month he had to pay a fee, he didn't and it vanished!

i get quite a lot of contact through my website, i come up in google searches and i have my website linked to my FIS listing.

That's strange. I have never been asked to pay a fee and the website is still alive. Maybe he selected the free monthly trial for the advanced version or something. Of course, they try to make you feel like you can't live without the paid version, especially after spending hours doing it! I've been more than happy with it

Rick
11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks again for replies, those that have their own websites do you get much bussiness through them?

Unfortunately I haven't yet but I don't think that's the website's fault. Had over a thousand hits so people have found my website address ok, some may have just been curious maybe! My feeling is that once it's done it's done, you only need to tweak it in the future. It can't hurt doing one!

hectors house
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I had a look at your website Rick and it is very good, I tried to set up one with moonfruit for me but when it asked me to set up a user name I tried putting in Hectors house but it said it was taken and other similar options were taken so ended up putting in my name and that seems to be the website address now, which isn't what I wanted at all!:panic:

mrs robbie williams
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I use wix I've had loads of compliments on it and get a lot of business through it. It is a template so you just upload your own words/photos on to their design which makes it very easy. If it ceases or expects me to pay then I will reconsider but it has definately been worth it. I have recently added loads including my policies and maybe now its too 'busy' but people will look at what they want I guess and not worry about the rest. You are welcome to have a look - there are links on it advertsising their service

http:www.wix.combluelionchildcarehappylittlelions (http://www.bluelionchildcare.co.uk) Ofsted childminder Kingsbridge Devon | Wix.com

just been having a nosey at your website - its great :thumbsup:

k1rstie
11-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I am with Yola, i seem to remeber the website is free, but i do pay a small charge per year for the domain name. Was easy to set up, as starts by asking you lots of questions, then it puts the answers into the pages. You can then tweak it from there. Much easier than starting with a blank page.
I get about 10/15 hits per week. Have had some very positive comments. Also have it as a link from my childcare.co.uk page