PDA

View Full Version : oh my god will he ever listen!!!!

Wendy Woo
23-06-2008, 08:37 AM
got a mindee who has had a cold recently and still has a bit of a runny nose but insists on using his t shirt to wipe his nose.:angry:

No i no that is wot kids do!!

But mum is not pleased with the crusty u no wots all over his shirt and to be honest it looks awful and i cant get them of very well!!

He has just done it again right in front of me and infront of a packet of tissues.

He always used to get a tissue
I tell him till im blue in the face

I cant be doin with another moan from mum what can i do!!!!!!!!!

crazybones
23-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I hate snot. :(

avril
23-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh no, snot everywhere ewww:( :(

Ask Mum what she does, otherwise his nose will have to be wiped over and over again all day, poor mite will go home like Rudolf with all the wiping:laughing:

foxy lady
23-06-2008, 08:49 AM
ooooooooohhh yuck :panic:
what about a peg on his nose :laughing: :laughing:

Annie_T
23-06-2008, 08:55 AM
put a tissue in his pocket, or soemwhere anc make sure he knows it there and he is to use it! i could help hun

my girl picks and eats it horrible but funny but i cant stand it .. think wiping nose with t-shirt is bad too

emler
23-06-2008, 09:00 AM
eeewwwwww!

sarah707
23-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Get a spare t-shirt, let him carry on doing what he needs to do so you're not harrassed all day ...

And change him just before mum arrives!

Life's too short and at least he's wiping it on something! :D

Wendy Woo
23-06-2008, 10:01 AM
put a tissue in his pocket, or soemwhere anc make sure he knows it there and he is to use it! i could help hun

my girl picks and eats it horrible but funny but i cant stand it .. think wiping nose with t-shirt is bad too

did that wen we got back from picking up mindee no2 and watched him when he was in the garden the first thing he did was use his tshirt!!!! wen i called his name he dropped his shirt real quick and pulled out his tissue!!!!!!!
How rude

Wendy Woo
23-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Get a spare t-shirt, let him carry on doing what he needs to do so you're not harrassed all day ...

And change him just before mum arrives!

Life's too short and at least he's wiping it on something! :D

i like the sound of that as well this way i dont have to scrape crusty u no wots from his t shirt b4 mom gets here!!!!!!

tulip0803
23-06-2008, 10:06 AM
:( yuk :(

LOOPYLISA
23-06-2008, 10:20 AM
My 10 yr old still picks her nose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Jinx
23-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Put a bib on him!!!!!!!

Jinx x

venus89
23-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Play tribal warriors for the day - insist he walks around topless.....

sarah32
23-06-2008, 12:03 PM
ewww. Hate snot.:(

charleyfarley
23-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a mindee who does the same thing and he's at school, even Mitchell at 2 knows to get a tissue.

Mindee often comes out of school with snot wiped all round his face and of course his sleeves are covered in it. :eek:

Carol xx

Banana
23-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Its not your fault! The mum cant blame you!

Isabelle can be a nightmare for this - she's so lazy sometimes, she thinks she can just use her sleeve or bottom of the t shirt, I moan at her about it and most of the time now she will get a tissue but if she thinks she can be sneaky and get away with it now and again she will.

Could you maybe try what I did and get a box of tissues that are just special for him? Maybe get him to decorate the box and explain why he needs to use tissues? Might work :)

x

deeb66
23-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I used to have a child like this!

I used reverse pyscology.....

Told her that she wasn't allowed to use so many tissues and that she should use her arm or her top and yep you guessed it........

She started using tissues instead.

Not saying that will work for your LO but sometimes if they think they are doing the opposite of what you ask they are more likely to do it!

Hope you find a solution soon!