PDA

View Full Version : Best children's book case?

jadavi
10-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm looking to get a better bookcase but can't find one. I have the sling Argos one but don't like it as the pockets are too deep and you can't see the covers enough - plus they are so skinny you can't have two/three underlapping unless they are very thin. I adore books and can't find s good way of presenting them to the mindees.
When my kids were little I used to lay a bookcase on its back so it was flat and put cardboard divisions in (like in libraries) so they could kneel and have a good sort through ... But now that would take up too much space.
I have picture rails so could hang something....
Any ideas? What do you like?

chriss
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
How about adapting a normal bookcase by glueing or screwing a trim on the front of the shelf to stop the books falling off. Cheap and cheerful is my motto lol.

Bluebell
10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I had a book display unit from when I sold books, it was from saunders displays and can be used for selling books or cards. It folds down when not in use and can be used on the floor so is completely accessable to children (and stable) and all the books are clear to see. Mine was a blue plastic wire so not completely attractive but the books look lovely in it.

nipper
10-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I like the wire ones that screw to the wall. They come in a variety of different sizes, plus it's nice to see the front of the book rather than just the side.

Wall Hanging White Plastic-Coated Wire Bookcase Book Rack (Pre-School Nursery) | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-Hanging-White-Plastic-Coated-Wire-Bookcase-Book-Rack-Pre-School-Nursery-/110986579740?pt=UK_HG_ChildFurniture_RL&hash=item19d750cf1c)

jadavi
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I like the wire ones that screw to the wall. They come in a variety of different sizes, plus it's nice to see the front of the book rather than just the side.

Wall Hanging White Plastic-Coated Wire Bookcase Book Rack (Pre-School Nursery) | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-Hanging-White-Plastic-Coated-Wire-Bookcase-Book-Rack-Pre-School-Nursery-/110986579740?pt=UK_HG_ChildFurniture_RL&hash=item19d750cf1c)

This was perfect! Thank you! Have to find one now that is not fir collection only ! Xx

jadavi
10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you - I have bought two units from the clearance section of saunders display...brilliant!!

jadavi
13-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Very very happy with my units.

jadavi
13-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I meant to buy two but ended up getting four by mistake! So I have two revolving pamphlet holders which are perfect for small books (25!) in a tiny space. The other one we're using for finding games. I put out our adjectives photos from school surplus and said 'find me someone who is very cold for example. They loved it. One small triangular unit can sit on a table or higher surface and the larger one can fold flat when needed. All very reasonably priced in clearance section in Saunders display website xxx

nipper
14-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Pleased you managed to find something. I'll have a look at Saunders late on, see if there's something for me!