PDA

View Full Version : HELP-ADVICE NEEDED

Jodie1989
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Hello, I am getting very stressed about a student who is claiming childcare grants, I have filled in my part of the form and it has comeback twice so she says, one minute the money is coming and then its going to be 10-14 days.

The final straw is I have contacted her today as payment is need £800 for the 2 children's and now she says the form has not been assessed yet.

What should I do and who can I call to confirm this is true? It's student finance.

The contract was in nov and I will not be redoing due to 'cutting down' the children I have which is is fine with.
She has made a payment but the outstanding amount is due.

Thanks
:(

sarah707
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
It is not unusual for student finance to take a long time. Can you contact them direct? :D

mushpea
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I would ask to speak to the finance person at the collage and find out whats going on, it can take a while to sort out but if you ring and sepak with them at least it will put your mind at rest .

The Juggler
09-12-2012, 11:28 PM
i would speak to the student liaison person at college immediatley but tell them you are withdrawing care immediately as they now owe so much (who knows if they pay arrears :panic:)

tell them you don't want to do so but you will not put yourself into further payment arrears and that they need to sort it out asap.:thumbsup:

bunyip
10-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Unless the college/finance people are signatories to the contract, it's not your job to chase them. If your contract is solely with the mum, then you chase the mum. It is never a CM's job to get involved with where the money is coming from.

CM provides care for a client. Client pays. Simple as. It is not our concern where the money is coming from.

Once you start getting involved with third parties, college finance, etc. you start to justify the mum's excuses for the money not being there.

If I felt I was already doing all I could directly with the mum, then my next call would be to the legal team at my insurer/professional body.

Hope it gets sorted out.