PDA

View Full Version : I am floored!

WibbleWobble
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
In september i did an initial assessment on A (at that time was 23/12) and it was pretty damning. He was not reaching 8 months in C&L. he made no words or even sounds to represent things.

The rest of his assessment was pretty dire too.....no concentration. No reaction to his name. no eye contact, unable to actually "play" as in explore toys....just picked them up and dropped them - but not in a schema type situation. I got my DO to have a look at him and she agreed he needed speech assessment to start with. So i sent the assessment i had made and a referral. ....we are still waiting but hey ho.

Just done his end of term assessment and

WOW!!!!

he has come on so much! he is gaining slow but steady progress.....in C&L he has gone from just hitting 8-20 months in understanding and listening and attention, 0-8 months at speaking to

Understanding - 16-26
listening - 8-20 (top end)
speaking - 8-20 (top end)

i am flabbergasted. he has only been with me since september. Mum is so chuffed!

its at these times i realise what a great job this is...the impact i have made on that little boys life is priceless. I know he has some SEN....but by eck he will be getting the best start in life and support for the future.

will now stop blowing my own trumpet

love wibble

blue bear
09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Luckily little man, just shows all that individual attention and planning is like gold dust for a little fella like him

sarah707
09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Wow! :clapping: Just shows what we can achieve with love, low ratios and dedication xx

WibbleWobble
09-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow! :clapping: Just shows what we can achieve with love, low ratios and dedication xx

i think you are right with the low ratio thing....he is with me 4 days a week and up til xmas he has only me for at least one day a week. After xmas he will have to share me every day with one other and for two days with two others but i think he will cope with this.

i think keeping the ratios low are helping him....

he is so happy when he walks through the door....he is full of chuckles and eager to get on with playing.

wibble x

winstonian
09-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Thats so lovely - how rewarding for you. Well done! x

SYLVIA
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
That is so lovely to read! Well done for your hard work and dedication to get him improving like that. Low ratios are a big help for children like this

cathtee
09-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Well done in bringing him on in such a short time, he is so lucky to have you :clapping:

BlondeMoment
09-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Pat yourself on the back! Well done!:clapping:

The Juggler
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
well done! wouldn't have happened without such a fab minder though :clapping::clapping: