PDA

View Full Version : computer or paper

mushpea
09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
how much of your paperwork do you do on computer?
at the moment I do everything written but i am fed up with folders of paperwork everywhere so from the new year I intend on doing my planning and accounts on the computer and keeping them on a memory stick then when ofsted come I can print a few sample planning sheets and give her the memory stick to look through but I am just wondering what else I coudl do on the computer

loocyloo
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
i have the templates on the computor and my termly planning ( which i print out ) but everything else is hand written.

i work better by hand and often scribble a note about something on a postit note and stick it on the relevant file! i think using a computor would take me even longer as well!!!

good luck, i think it would be easier to have everything online! the orbit website looked good, as you can do LJs, diaries etc on it as well as planning & accounts.

xxx

sarah707
09-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Mine is a balance of the 2 tbh - I have lots on the computer but I keep my day-by-day stuff handwritten and change it to reflect what we actually do.

:D

SYLVIA
09-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I have templates for various paperwork on the computer. I have a sheet for each child that I write notes on each time I see something to note down. The I type it up and print it off for their folders. I keep all my paperwork in a small filing cabinet and `it doesn't seem to cause me much hassle tbh

hectors house
09-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I am trying to catch up on observations currently handwritten and hope after Xmas to change to doing these straight onto the computer - I am hoping that it will be quicker and easier to share the observations with the parents, by e-mailing them every month when I have downloaded the relevant photos. I currently do a daily activity/outing/meals etc sheet on the computer each day and e-mail to parents each evening. I have looked at Orbit but think I will just adapt my current observation sheets for the time being for the moment, not sure I like all the observations looking the same - although mine will all be done on the computer, at least I can change the font or colour just like I may use a different colour pen when handwriting them now.